Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Online shopping during Black Friday

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM
  • 13 Replies

Well since we're all on CM I figured we prob spend a lot of time on the net. So what's your experience opinion about online shopping on Black Friday vs. in-store shopping? Last year I did exclusinvely online and loved it! I found it to be most often the same type of savings and wayyy less hassle. I gott say that amazon.com rock my sock this time of year:)

Want to learn how to save more and get the most out of your money?? Visit our local community of frugal friends!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DeniseLV
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Online shopping is the best!! You can find some of the same deals and some better plus free shipping. I like to sit in my jammies and take care of Christmas shopping=]

satilia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:49 AM

I agree! What are some of the best sites to find the deals out there the fastest?

lizmarie1975
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM

I did all my shopping on Amazon on Cyber Monday last year!!

mirandas_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM

I do 80% of my christmas shopping online.  

Jennifer63080
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM

oohhh WOW, I did not know that you can do that!!  Thank you! I will definitely be doing that this year! 

satilia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM

I think more peope should do that so the stores would really have to offer something amazing to get me and my bunny slippers out the door! But yeah you can seriously save and I think it's way more fun than getting out and about and dealing with drama.

ZoeCY

I think I might try that this year.  This is the first year I have done any Christmas shopping online, well its probably the only year I have started early enough.  We have most of our daughter's shopping done (although I am sure I can find something she "needs") and most of that was done online, however we still have some gifts to get for other people.

3boyz1princess

I have done Black Friday shopping online in the past and it was great..No pushing,no lines,no cold weather but its just not the same as going out.  Yes you do get the same deals and some sites start at midnight unlike the store opening at 4-5am and if you live somewhere other then the east coast you can use there time to get the deals.  Like I live in Missouri(central time) but could order stuff 1 hr early because of eastern time zone..

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

satilia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Last year was my first year and I am beyond hooked! We got so many great toys I would have never bought, cheaper than the crappy ones I would have! I am so ready this yearrrrr.....

Quoting lizmarie1975:

I did all my shopping on Amazon on Cyber Monday last year!!

satilia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

Another popular way to save is to view the early ads, buy the items and then get them to price match their items to the sale. I believe target does this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)