Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom's who are divored or separated.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM
  • 5 Replies

I need some advice, my husband left the house yesterday. It was my choice not his for him to go. I just need a while to evaluate what i want in life and if i want him to be a part of it. We got marreid after dating for only 4 days!, yes you read that right 4 DAYS. I was 20 years old (i am 24 now)and we got pregnant the week we got married. Everything happened so fast and now i am regretting doing things like that. I want time to be myself. I mean i went right from my parents house to my husbands and everything has been so crazy for the past 4 years i just need it to stop so i van think. I am thinking about what my options are and i want to know if anyone has been legally separated. What does that intail? Is it expensive? DO we need to see a judge?

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Trying to Conceive 21 to 37 day cycle tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
momsangel491
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:03 AM

i was in the same way when i got married but we dated for 6 monthes and that was in 2005. he left for irqa and i have not been with him. yes its hard yes im try to get a divorce from him. hope things work out.

I_never_regret
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:08 AM

Depending on which state you live in ..  There isn't anything considered legal separtion. When me and my husband seperated in Feb of this year i was reading papers that our lawer gave me and there isn't legal separtion in PA.  basically though legal separtion is considered if you haven't been living together for more then 30 days i belive.  IF you get a divorce and you get a No fault divorce Which Me and my ex are doing this coming week . It is cheaper then a normal divorce. I understand waht you are going through. Me and my husband were together. 5 months when we got married. 3 days later i got pregnant with our son. our son was 6 months old when we split the first time. We tried to work it out  and Now again last week or te week before he left again but we are on good terms. Best of luck

AFWifeNMom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

Thanks for the advice ladies, i think that i would like to be separated fro 6 months before i make any final decisions, but everytime i say that to him he thinks i mean just a few days. I told him that i need time to myself and i need time to think, he thinks that measn a few days. I think we are going to get together tonight when DD has swimming lessons and we cantalk then. I think i need to just come out and tell him exactly what i want.

The worst part of all of this is that we live in MN near my whole family, he doesnt know anyone here really. He does go to school full time so he found a friend from school to stay with last night and we dont have the money for him to get an apartment.

Brokensurvivor
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM

My husband and I got married only 7 months of us being together... we were 6 months pregnant when we got married...

its been hard... learning to become a mother and wife when im still learning about him..
I completely love him more then anything.. him and our boys

punching         toddler boy        breastfeeding

Mommy And Daddy!            Clayton Gwyer             Abel James

April 7th 2007                   July 2nd 2007            July 18th 2009    

AFWifeNMom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:47 AM

I am so happy that your marriage is working out. It is nice to hear that some people are making it work. I just think that all of the stress in our marriage has gotten to me now and i just need it to end for a while. I want to learnt to be my own person and i want to live on my own terms for a while.

Quoting Brokensurvivor:

My husband and I got married only 7 months of us being together... we were 6 months pregnant when we got married...

its been hard... learning to become a mother and wife when im still learning about him..
I completely love him more then anything.. him and our boys

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)