Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this fair?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM
  • 13 Replies

ok so i have talked about my upcoming event on here im going to have various vendors there blah blah blah, well i have a friend (not a close friend) that sells mary kay that approached me about buying from her, i dont wear it but offered her a space at the event, other vendors have been paying $150 to be there and i told her that i coudlnt give it to her free but ill cut it in half to make it $75, and she cloud split the booth with another MK lady and her mom who cuts hair... tickets to get in are $25 ea so i am not making any money on this but i feel bad asking her to pay since she is a friend would it make you mad if you were her?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM

Business is business...friends and business don't mix well...I think you are right... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

mrs.olmstead
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:14 AM

i agree and normally i wouldnt event offer to a friend but shes new to MK and working really hard so i felt bad not... but at the same time letting her be there free i lose money and i cant do that!

Business is business...friends and business don't mix well...I think you are right... 

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:15 AM

Actually if I was her I would be grateful to you.

wedding website

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

Of course it is...honestly I wouldn't have even given her the discounted price, unless I absolutely couldn't fill the space otherwise.

mrs.olmstead
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM

really? i guess i feel bad about approaching her and then saying oh well you ahve to pay to be there...

Quoting anetrnlov:

gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:18 AM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

mrs.olmstead
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

really? maybe im too nice lol

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Of course it is...honestly I wouldn't have even given her the discounted price, unless I absolutely couldn't fill the space otherwise.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:19 AM

You are doing her a favor by giving her a discount, she should have to pay full price like the rest of the vendors. So its not really fair to the other vendors if you ask me.

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:20 AM

Quoting anetrnlov:

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I use to sell candles and there was a few craft shows and venues I wanted to get into to get my name out there but couldn't afford the tables...most ran between $200.00 - 500.00 so yes, I would be very grateful.  lol

Besides, you offering this to her has the potential to expand her customer base.  In the long run that benefits her more then it does you.

Quoting mrs.olmstead:

really? i guess i feel bad about approaching her and then saying oh well you ahve to pay to be there...

Quoting anetrnlov:

wedding website

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)