Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you have stepchildren, please take this POLL -EDIT-

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
  • 16 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you love/treat your step-children as your own child?

Options:

Yes, I love/treat my step-child as my own child

I don't

I LIKE my step child (no love) and treat them well

I don't like or love my step-child, but put up with him/her becaue of my husband

other- care to explain?

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Thanks for voting.  ALSO- Do you feel that your husband/SO loves/treats YOUR child (his stepchild) as his own? no poll for this question- but please answer in comments. thanks :)

WOW, i appreciate all the answers and votes. And thanks for being honest. I'm asking because a few years ago..I used to work at Mcdonalds...this guy came into the drive through with a little girl (maybe 5 years old) sleeping in the back of his car.

As i handed him the food out the window..I said "awww, she's cute..is that your daughter?" and he had a grossed out look on his face and he said "HELL NO- that's not MY daughter...that's my step daughter!!!" and he looked like he was disgusted. I felt bad for her.

NOW- i have a little girl and wonder that when I get married..will my SO think of my daughter has his own or not. HE SAYS he loves her like his own and he treats her wonderfully...so i'm sure things will be alright..but sometimes I still wonder...

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jillbailey26
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:16 AM

I am a stepchild and my stepmom treated me like her own.

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:17 AM

I tried...with hubbys teenaged boys..I really...(what the heck I will swear) I really f*ck*ng tried.....I am so glad they are adults now and I don't have to try any more...haven't seen them in years and that suits me fine. 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I tried the loving them,treating them as my own scenario,but you can only be pushed away so many times before you decide to say f&ck it & move on.After 12 years,I am to the point that I care about their well-being & I do what I should to care for them,but no,I can't honestly say I love them as my own. 

CafeMom Tickers
bresmommy2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:21 AM

i am a step child and know how i felt about certain things and how i was treated compared to my step sisters  so now that i have a step daughter of my own i can relate to how she feels sometimes we have a good realtionship and i treat her the same as my own i make no differences.

m0m23b0ys458
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:23 AM

To answer the question in orange,my DH has no stepchildren,so it doesn't apply.

Quoting m0m23b0ys458:

I tried the loving them,treating them as my own scenario,but you can only be pushed away so many times before you decide to say f&ck it & move on.After 12 years,I am to the point that I care about their well-being & I do what I should to care for them,but no,I can't honestly say I love them as my own. 

CafeMom Tickers
dreamerinluv
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:27 AM

Yes I love my 16 yr old step-daughter and treat her as one of my own...we have more of a best-friend relationship than a mother-daughter but it suits us fine  =) 

Melo2828
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

I love my 14 year old Step-daughter and treat her like my own, i like and care for my 11 year old step-daughter but i have only seen her once, so i do not love her, but i make sure i send her Christmas and birthday gifts and whatever else she needs.

Lesli310
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

My step child and I are nice to each other when shes around. Its hard cause she 19 and I'm 26. DH was very young when he had her. I don't mistreat her but its not the same. IDK maybe if she was younger ii'd be different.

CafeMom Tickers
kathyshelton
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

i have 4 step sons ( their all grown) but i treat them and love them just like my own. i have 3 sons myself (also grown) but my husband treats and loves them just like his own, hes so good to them, really even better than their own dad. we've only been married since sep. 19th but we don't treat any of them any different.

Q0112
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM

WOW, i appreciate all the answers and votes. And thanks for being honest. I'm asking because a few years ago..I used to work at Mcdonalds...this guy came into the drive through with a little girl (maybe 5 years old) sleeping in the back of his car.

As i handed him the food out the window..I said "awww, she's cute..is that your daughter?" and he had a grossed out look on his face and he said "HELL NO- that's not MY daughter...that's my step daughter!!!" and he looked like he was disgusted. I felt bad for her.

NOW- i have a little girl and wonder that when I get married..will my SO think of my daughter has his own or not. HE SAYS he loves her like his own and he treats her wonderfully...so i'm sure things will be alright..but sometimes I still wonder...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)