Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you pay for health insurance???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM
  • 28 Replies

We pay a ridiculous amount...its over 700$ a month for our family (4 people)  I ENVY the people who can get it cheaper...we tried but couldn't find anything cheaper

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

We pay though my Husbands work. Its taken out before I see anything which is nice.. Its around 400 a month.. There are 4 of us now but I think that is for a family up to like 7..

Erica

a wedding website

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:30 AM

WOW that is nuts.  We wouldn't be able to survive if we had to pay that.

We pay 33.54/wk for our medical (includes vision), 95.19/wk for our Health Care Spending Account, 10.24/wk for dental.  That is for all 5 of us.

wedding website

3boyz1princess
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

My husbands company take out $274 out of his pay check every 2 weeks for our health ins and $24.00 every 2 weeks for dental.  We have whole family covered (6 of us).   We have BCBS..The price was the same for family ins so we added my 2 older kids even though there dad has them insured which is nice since now they have double health/dental ins it worked out great come the time we had to do braces because both dental ins covered $1000 each so the kids braces were cheaper then normal..

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

vegepunkstr
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:31 AM

My husband  got lucky and his job is awesome. We pay nothing for our health insurance except for the $20 copay when we go to appointments. He is part of a union and almost had to start paying for the insurance when the union contract was up but luckily they worked it out so that it is still free to us. I dont know what we would do if we had to pay that much for insurance.

UxorQuodMatris
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

$293

All4you
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

$150 a month for family medical and dental. $1500 deductible

ladyvamp5489
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:33 AM

We cant even afford any! My kids get the state medical and me and DH go to a free clinic and get our meds thru the PPA. I dont like it but with my pre-existing conditions any medical ins would be over $1000 a month just for me. And we dont even bring THAT much home a month!  

anetrnlov

Makes me wonder what (if anything) is your hubby's employer contributing to the insurance.

wedding website

jenniepepsi

that is crazy. we got insurance thru walmart (hubbys work) which was blue advantage, a sort of branch off blue cross blue shield. and for 3 of us it was 108 or so maybe its on a percentage thouhg

maddoxsmama

My hubby's company pays for his health insurance and it only costs $125 a month for me and our 3 kids.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)