Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG, It was hillarious! has your child ever acted this way?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM
  • 13 Replies

so bryan( my 10 yr old) had is well child check today he had to get shots OMG it was too funny! he scremed like a baby!"nooo dont touch me! its guna hurt, i want my daddy! no no no!" then the nurse had to get him on the table like a baby lay him down and hold his legs btwn hers and i had to hold his hands and lay acrossed his chest like you do an infant! omg it was sooo funny,my dd was out in the waiting room when i walked out she was by the door and had a huge smile, i asked her how much of that she heard and she repeated the whole thing! oh man it was so funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bubby_LeilaBug
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:53 AM

My two year old is deathly afraid of the doctor.  I don't find it funny though...I think it really sucks!

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:54 AM

lol..Poor guy! My 4 year old screams bloody murder.

mommy23atx

he has never acted this way before, everyone was staring at us...

Quoting HLoeffler08:

lol..Poor guy! My 4 year old screams bloody murder.

Terri705

the last two times my 22 month old has had shots she popped the nurses hand and said "OW NONO! LoL she cried all of five minutes and then smiling again!

MalibuMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:55 AM

My daughter won't even lay on a changing table because of the shots and the way they hold her down. I don't think it's funny. "/ Oh she will be 2 tomorrow.

ASHLEYLoving fiance to Glenn Mommy to Alixzandreah Elizabeth [11.13.2007] and Luke Ryden [06.07.2009] 

Bubby_LeilaBug
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Quoting MalibuMommy:

My daughter won't even lay on a changing table because of the shots and the way they hold her down. I don't think it's funny. "/ Oh she will be 2 tomorrow.

Happy Birthday!

adamjackie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I haven't had anything funny happen with my kids and shots. My mom said though when I was a kid I was all upset about getting a shot. I was sitting in the chair and the nurse told me to look at something. I looked while still complaining about getting a shot. She gave me the shot when I looked away. Then said all done. I looked at her and said "That was it?" lol

usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

My daughter does fine with shots as long as you do not hold her down completely. As long as you just hold her leg or arm, "shoot" her and move on she cries for SECONDS. She has never cried for more than a couple of seconds. However, when they go to listen to her heart or check her ears she screams like they are trying to eat her or something, lol! I have tried to get her used to it by using my stethoscope and a toy otoscope, but she does not have a problem with me doing it- just the docs. I think it is kinda funny :)

sandra_t00
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:03 AM

I dont really think thats funny. I used to remember being deathly afraid of needles when i was younger lol. My son was a little scared but i always made sure to talk to him and explain to him what he would feel and for him to not look at the needles. He would cry when they would stick it in but he would be fine after.

mommatothree01
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM

No, none of my kids have ever done that.  Even my 3 and 4 yr old don't cry any longer (though to be fair, my 4 yr old has been poked by more needles than 5 adults).  My dd (8) had to get her flu shot and they were talking about how skinny her arms were and they were worried they would hit her bone...she gave me a look, but didn't even flinch when they stuck her.  Though, she would have found it very funny had her brothers done that, my kids just aren't like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)