Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

BAD FAMILY MEMBERS.....

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
  • 11 Replies

For THANKSGIVING and CHRISTMAS,, do you have family members that you have NOTHING TO DO WITH???????

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SLGross215
by Sarah on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:00 AM

I spend zero holidays with my mother.

FotoFlexer_Animation.gif Mine picture by SLGross215

mirandas_mom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:01 AM

One of my brothers never calls me or responds to my cards and letters I send at the holidays. 

isra1986
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:05 AM

All of them except my Mommom and Aunt Amy! They are my only 2 family members I can stand!
My moms husband is an abusive, user POS.
My dad is his same sexist, passive agressive, emotional abuers self!
My sister has called my daughter a retarded arab bitch (yeah, my 20 month old daughter, but she was 13 months at that time!) and constantly talks sh*t about my husband.

Starfire73
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:08 AM

Ohhhhh heeeeeellllll ya!!!

My 1/2 brother physically assaulted my then 5 yo son(he's ten now and STILL remembers)

my other 1/2 brother tried to litterly kill me

when I was growing up one of my 1/2 brothers came at the other brother with a meat clever. Oh yes, Holidays growing up were never dull! The local law enforcement was at everyone! Hence why I live 700 miles away from all of them!!!

kabbima
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:12 AM

Unfortunantly it will be my bil and sil.  My hubby and his brother were really close but then he met the most toxic, horrible, abusive person I have ever met.

loving_mom7
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:13 AM

Are you serious?? She called your DD a b*tch? Wow! My family (for the most part anyway lol) is pretty close, so we dont have too many problems, except for one uncle who is an alcoholic that is an assh*le.

Quoting isra1986:

All of them except my Mommom and Aunt Amy! They are my only 2 family members I can stand!
My sister has called my daughter a retarded arab bitch (yeah, my 20 month old daughter, but she was 13 months at that time!) and constantly talks sh*t about my husband.

ajscarver
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:17 AM

Well this is the 1st year I will not be spending Thanks Giving or Christmas with my dad and mom. I don't want my family around them anymore and my family is always singled out as the black sheep's cause we don't party, do drugs or drink and as my mom puts it you can't walk a mile in our shoes.... (I so wouldn't want too trust me). I always feel so awkward and I hate making my husband and boys feel that way. I did hear that my dad and mom purchased Christmas gifts for our boys, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get them. If they want our boys to get there Christmas gifts they can come up to our home and bring them and if not I'm sure my sisters kids or brothers kids would enjoy them. I haven't spoken to my dad or mom in almost 2 months and I haven't missed them once.... I figured I would, but nope I don't miss the drama or put downs or name callings at all. My grandmother did say my mother called the other day and asked why I'm not calling her any more. My grandmother said she didn't know but that she has a phone and could call me. Well even if she does call I will be nice on the phone, but I'm not backing down like I have done 1,000 x's before. We have a large family on my husbands side and on my side which are very good people and all about family not drinking, drugs and drama, so we will be visiting most of them which will be nice.

isra1986
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:19 AM

Yeah, my sister is very immature and selfish. I am an arab bitch too! I didn't know you could change races????

Quoting loving_mom7:

Are you serious?? She called your DD a b*tch? Wow! My family (for the most part anyway lol) is pretty close, so we dont have too many problems, except for one uncle who is an alcoholic that is an assh*le.

Quoting isra1986:

KristaP13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:20 AM

My sister.

We have a bad history. The most recent when I had to cut my childrens museum visit short, so I could pick her up from juvenile. When we got in the car she proceeded to call ME an idiot, and call my 2 year old daughter "The dumbest f*cking mistake I've ever made" & that I was "a lazy bitch living off of husband"... We've had alot of problems over the years because she says i'm trying to be her mother, you know, because I tried to get the 30 year old man she was sleeping with arrested...

I'm a 20 year old, spoiling my daughter with love, Small town living, walmart shoppingresearch b4 vaxing, fuel efficient car driving, anti-fast food & soda, chasing my toddler instead leashing her, giving her carrots instead of cookies, former varsity athlete, making my husbands dinner every night from scratch,Vampire book collecting, Fairy Tale Loving, Camping & canoeing, Atheist Mom, who loves my family more than anything in the world. 

& I beat the Monster aka Smoking addiction...

dusky_rose
by Sue on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:22 AM

Me too, one of my brothers isn't speaking to me *sigh*.

Quoting mirandas_mom:

One of my brothers never calls me or responds to my cards and letters I send at the holidays. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)