Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sperm banking? Anyone know anything?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM
  • 0 Replies

My husband is going to be starting radiation soon to treat testicular cancer, and our oncologist suggested we see someone about Sperm Banking, just in case. The doctor said what he would do is set up an appointment with these fertility doctors, to have my husband tested to see if the surgery and medicine he has been on so far has caused his sperm count to go down and things like that. Then he said after having that done we can decide if sperm banking seems like a good idea or not. So I just called the clinic to set up an appointment, and the woman there said insurance does not cover anything, and to have an appointment to speak with the doctors will be $400 up front. Thats even if we decide to do nothing. That number just totally blew me away, and I was wondering if anyone has done this before and if you had to pay that kind of amount just to speak with the doctors, or if we should do more searching for another place. I know fertility doctors and procedures are pricey, but for a consult that seems insane. Thanks for any input you have!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)