Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crayola Markers are non toxic right? *Update Pic*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:29 AM
  • 19 Replies

i did clean it out of her mouth before i took the pic though!

So im 99% postive that crayola markers are non toxic..Just making sure.  I just caught my one year old sucking on her sisters blue marker! frustrated

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

~Brianna Collette~3-29-05~Kaitlyn Rose~10-27-08~

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lulamae123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

yes it is my son used to do that to his sissters.thank god he is 7 and doesnt do that any more,even thou his mouth was colorful.

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

LOL that is hilarious bc about a mth ago I posted the SAME thing!! My 2 yr old was found under the coffee table with a blue marker in her mouth. She had sucked soo much ink out of it that her entire mouth was blue...she looked like she ate a smurf. I freaked out and asked on here. Everyone told me to calm down and take a pic! I didn't get one bc I was soo scared I scrubbed her mouth with toothpaste before posting them felt silly after I read my replies. It took a lot of brushing, but it all came out. She pooped blue for a few days but nothing else was wrong.

cssmith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM

You would think though that a marker wouldnt be that tasty ?  I swear this child was sent to make me crazy lol.  My first was an easy child but this one is into everything!  She turned 1 like a week and a half ago and she has already learned to climb on the couch and dive off like superman !

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

kenziejosmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Yep. They made those ones that smelled good when I was in grade school. I did that to see if it tasted as good as it smelled.. it didn't :(

My daughter eats crayons atm, so I'm glad it's not horrible for her to bit the tip off and eat it.. We take em away because she she has enough trouble goign to the bathroom as is!

kenziejosmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

sounds like mine, mine was like 11 months when she climbed on the couch. Then she dove off shortly after, and fell off many times, and then crawled out of her crib. She climbs everything... she started climbing in her high chair herself at 16 months. Maybe 15, but I can't remember... and she didn't sleep more than 1 full night until 16 months!

Quoting cssmith:

You would think though that a marker wouldnt be that tasty ?  I swear this child was sent to make me crazy lol.  My first was an easy child but this one is into everything!  She turned 1 like a week and a half ago and she has already learned to climb on the couch and dive off like superman !

cssmith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

LOL that is hilarious bc about a mth ago I posted the SAME thing!! My 2 yr old was found under the coffee table with a blue marker in her mouth. She had sucked soo much ink out of it that her entire mouth was blue...she looked like she ate a smurf. I freaked out and asked on here. Everyone told me to calm down and take a pic! I didn't get one bc I was soo scared I scrubbed her mouth with toothpaste before posting them felt silly after I read my replies. It took a lot of brushing, but it all came out. She pooped blue for a few days but nothing else was wrong.

I took a pic!  i will have to upload it!  I took the pic and then scrubbed her mouth out with a towel lol

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

CM.Ult.Cookbook
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM

If they are, they'll say "non-toxic" on the box.  Is your little one doing alright?

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM

I wish I got one =(

I agree with you though about you would think it would be gross! DD has a thing for eating lotions and creams too and I can't for the life of me figure out WHY??

Quoting cssmith:

Quoting 01.Amey.07:

I took a pic!  i will have to upload it!  I took the pic and then scrubbed her mouth out with a towel lol

cssmith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM

laughing

Quoting kenziejosmommy:

Yep. They made those ones that smelled good when I was in grade school. I did that to see if it tasted as good as it smelled.. it didn't :(

My daughter eats crayons atm, so I'm glad it's not horrible for her to bit the tip off and eat it.. We take em away because she she has enough trouble goign to the bathroom as is!

That literally made me lol!!

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

cssmith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Knowing my 4 year old that box is long gone.  But yea she is fine she is currently reaching her hands under the couch to see if theres anything fun there. Probably how she found the marker in the first place lol

Quoting CM.Ult.Cookbook:

If they are, they'll say "non-toxic" on the box.  Is your little one doing alright?

~*~Mommys Girls~*~  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)