Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Needs VS Wants.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM
  • 261 Replies

Yes a spin off. Why do people not understand Needs VS Wants. Needs are thing you NEED to survive. Things like food, Clothing, Heating, Housing, Electricity. These things you NEED. Could you live without electricity and clothing...yes but the authorities MAY have something to say about it lol. WANTS are things like phone, cable, car, cellphones, Internet, satellite. You do not NEED these things. They simply make your life better and you enjoy them. If you can't pay for things you NEED you need to cut the things you WANT. I thought that was simple concept.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:30 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:32 AM

I will disagree to a point. Sometimes, things like a computer, hi speed internet and a phone line ARE needs. They are needed to earn the money that will pay for the other needs you mentioned. Without income...you can't get the things you need or want.

MamaLoopy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:33 AM

I agree with what you're saying with the exception of the phone.  I'm divorced, I have a cellphone.  My kids live with their father 20 to 30 mins away ...so if something were to happen...I think a phone is needed.  And that's the only "extra" thing I have...lol.  I think there are exceptions.

MyHotComments.com
MzSeXyC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:34 AM

i agree with you.

although i would include a phone (of some sort) a need, also a car is a need in my opinion. 

AngelicaRenee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:35 AM

lol. but i don't have food for my kids so I'll get on the internet and post about it while my kids watch cartoons on cable! 

Sarah_Janine
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I don't know what this is a spin off from but I completely agree. It irritates me to no end when someone is talking about how they don't have money to pay bills or feed their kids, yet they are on the damn Internet! And before anyone freaks, I know that there are always exceptions, (they could be on someone else's computer, use it for school, etc.) But there are MANY people that have their priorities screwed up. Most of the time the Internet is not a NEED, its a WANT.

Quoting All4you:

Yes a spin off. Why do people not understand Needs VS Wants. Needs are thing you NEED to survive. Things like food, Clothing, Heating, Housing, Electricity. These things you NEED. Could you live without electricity and clothing...yes but the authorities MAY have something to say about it lol. WANTS are things like phone, cable, car, cellphones, Internet, satellite. You do not NEED these things. They simply make your life better and you enjoy them. If you can't pay for things you NEED you need to cut the things you WANT. I thought that was simple concept.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:36 AM

I don't know, I think phone and car might very well be a need for survival in this country (for some people). 

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
Aislinn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Yeah, if you cannot afford your own health insurance, you do not NEED two cars that cost a thousand bucks a month... lol

Aislinn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Quoting rayzensun:

I don't know, I think phone and car might very well be a need for survival in this country (for some people). 

How about TWO 25,000 dollar cars?

Mommy2One881
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM

What do you mean!! Cable is a NEED! Haha, just kidding. I don't even have a tv...that works, but you can play dvd on it.

AlyssaRob1416
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

I don't nessesarily sgree with you. I NEED a cell phone because I have a medically fragile child that I take to Dr appointments and therapies, as well as a method of contact with my husband when i am away fror military or in class should an emergency arise. I NEEDinternet access because that his how my husband works off-hours. Shew he could go back to work, however it wouls cost more in fuel that it does for the internet service every month. I also need it for school. However, we are able to pay the bill to have these things.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)