Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am so dead!!!!!!!! help!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM
  • 18 Replies

my 2 yr old dd just scratched our tv that costs 2,000 dollars and is only half payed for! my husband is going to kill me seriously, does anyone know any ways to get scratches of a tv????

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
i.heart.rachel
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:39 AM

Sorry, no idea. I would never own a tv that cost more than like two HUNDRED dollars lol my kids would totally scratch it.

24 year old, God loving, non-vaxing, tutu making WAH momma to Jenelle, Gracelynn, and Sapphire. Girlfriend to Rachel (not wife, because apparently some people are AGAINST two loving, consenting adults marrying).

sunshine344
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:41 AM

Quoting i.heart.rachel:

Sorry, no idea. I would never own a tv that cost more than like two HUNDRED dollars lol my kids would totally scratch it.

thats what i said to, but hubby had to have a nice tv for our room..

anetrnlov
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:42 AM

No idea....but that is why we don't have one.  Good luck.

wedding website

Ktkazblake
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

I googled this, not sure if it works but you can try

The secret to removing light scratches from your Flat Screen TV is to use the proper tools. Here is the list of tools to gather:

1.) Isopropyl Alcohol – Available from grocery stores, drug stores, hardware stores

2.) Micro Fiber Cleaning Cloth – Available from sunglass stores, Wal-Mart, Target

3.) Distilled Water – Available at grocery stores, Wal-Mart, drug stores

Never, ever use Windex, glass cleaner, or other window cleaning solutions on your Flat Screen TV. Additionally, never use paper towels on your Flat Screen TV, as this is the quickest way to permanently damage your screen with thousands of little scratches.

Firstly, mix a 50/50 solution (half Isopropyl Alcohol and half distilled water) in a liquid safe container. Isopropyl Alcohol is usually listed at 90% pure, so mixing a 50/50 solution results in a cleaning solution that is nearly perfect for our needs.

Secondly, dip your Micro Fiber cloth into the solution and begin to gently rub the scratch on the TV in a circular motion. It is important not to rub too hard, as friction from the Micro Fiber cloth can make the scratch worse. Continue to use a circular motion while keeping the Micro Fiber cloth damp with your Isopropyl Alcohol and distilled water solution.

Finally, the scratch should begin to disappear as the Isopropyl Alcohol in your cleaning solution evaporates. If the scratch does not begin to disappear or becomes worse – STOP! You may have a scratch that needs a more thorough fix. Our next article will address such a situation! Remember, the easiest way to remove scratches from your Flat Screen and LCD TV is to prevent them in the first place. Take a look a Micro Fiber Dust cover from OriginalDustCover.com for the best protection of your TV.

princessesmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

ouch! A expensive tv and kids don't mix! Good luck; you could try http://www.alibaba.com/product-free/107290758/SIMONIZ_FIX_tool_IT_PRO_AS.html might be able to buy it at bed bath and beyond

PRO birth bonding, pro LIFE,  PRO breastfeeding, PRO babywearing, PRO CO-SLEEPING, and non-CIO! LONGING TO ADOPT!

navyNavy wife 2001   playing soccer girlDD#1 2002way to goDD#2 2004toddler girlDD#3 2008come homeDEPLOYED SINCE MAY 09

angelmomof2401
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:43 AM

Not sure where the scratches are on the TV but depending where they are , try a little Toothpaste, yes I said Toothpaste might sound silly or stupid but I have used it before to get scratches off of stuff, of course it does all dpends on where and how bad the scratches are. Hope it all works out for ya!

kathyshelton
by New Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:44 AM

if its on the case of it, get old english scratch cover, try to match the colors as close as you can get it. this polish is really good.

Lillymygirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:45 AM

tell him BEFORE he comes home so he can calm down , remind him that children are more valuable then televisions which can be replaced. Yes it sucks that the not yet paid for TV has a scratch but these things happen when you have kids and let's keep these things in perspective .

hmommy07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:50 AM

this happened here too!!!! ours is his beloved, panasonic 50 inch...  he looks at it more than he looks at me lol.  anyway, he was very pissed for several days.  he spent an hour with the scratch and nothing worked.  he has told me never to clean it and no toys allowed within 20 feet of it. :(  hope things go better for you than me!

hmommy07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:53 AM

OMG do not use toothpaste!!! i promise you will get him more pissed by doing that!  if anything google HOW to get scratches out of flatscreens OR call the manufacturer and ask them. don't just put anything on it you hear from this website.  the screens are different and only certain types of solutions can be used to clean them or you will make more damage

Quoting angelmomof2401:

Not sure where the scratches are on the TV but depending where they are , try a little Toothpaste, yes I said Toothpaste might sound silly or stupid but I have used it before to get scratches off of stuff, of course it does all dpends on where and how bad the scratches are. Hope it all works out for ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)