Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Graco - Nautilus 3-in-1 MultiUse Car Seat,

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM
  • 19 Replies

Is this a good seat for a 3 or 4 yr old ?

I have seen many speak highly of it on here and I will be getting a new carseat for my Granddaughter for my vehicle.

She is 3 yrs old and 30 lbs.

I read a couple reviews that said the 5 pt harness was hard for them to fit around their children cause they were tall.

Advice please.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sleepy_in_va
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:47 AM

My DD is almost 2 and weighs a little over 30lbs and we have this seat.  I love it!  We dont have any problems with it.  I love it and wouldn't trade it for any other carseat.

MawMawKelton
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:06 PM

Thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

I want to get a good one that is safe and sturdy but also comfortable for her and easy to operate. Kwim ?

sdolly
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I absolutely LOVE this carseat, I have one for my 3 year old son who is tall for his age and 30lbs the straps are completely adjustable as well as the headrest part I completely reccoment this carseat. In fact we just 3 weeks ago were in a car accident where the car was totaled and the car was hit on the side my son sits he came thru it completely fine not a scratch on him :)

MawMawKelton
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM

Quoting sdolly:

I absolutely LOVE this carseat, I have one for my 3 year old son who is tall for his age and 30lbs the straps are completely adjustable as well as the headrest part I completely reccoment this carseat. In fact we just 3 weeks ago were in a car accident where the car was totaled and the car was hit on the side my son sits he came thru it completely fine not a scratch on him :)

OMG ! I am so glad you are all ok !  That must have been horrifying ! Poor little fellow must have been scared !

Thank you for letting me know.  I'm really excited to hear such good things about the carseat.

jrp0606
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

as the graco nautilus has one of the tallest harnesses out their the kids that have outgrown it in height are either ready for a booster or the parents are using it wrong.  This is an awesome seat and one of the most recommended ones out there.  The harness goes to 65lbs and should get most kids to 6 or 7 harnessed before it turns into a great booster seat that will last until they no longer need a booster seat.  for the price you aren't going to find a better deal.  and it will keep her nice and safe.

CaeliMommyUSMC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 PM

I just bought this seat for my almost 4 year old a few months ago.  She is around 36lbs.  I think its a great seat.  She really loves it too.

sdolly
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:20 PM

thanks! It was quite scary I was so thankful everyone was okay... cars can be replaced, people cannot. I don't think you would regret getting the carseat it's a bit heavier than most but I think it's heavier for a reason definitely made for safety.

Dimples04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM

My dd is 5 yrs and very tall.  She is in the Nautilus and has room left to grow. 

wvuchick430
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:23 PM

I have been eyeing this seat up to. My son is 3 and is 41 lbs....we had a cheap evenflo one but its only good harnessed to 40 lbs. Hes very big for his age so i was going to post about this seat so thank you!!! haha

come home 

friendlymom5
by Lisa on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM

Fantastic seat. I have 3 kids in it still. My 8 yr old just switched to the high back booster part, my 6 yr old harnessed and my 4 yr old harnessed. It harnesses up to 65lbs and booster to 100lbs. So easy to use and adjust and the headrest fits tall kids. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)