Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanksgiving.... breakfast???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM
  • 27 Replies

I wont be able to spend thanksgiving dinner with my mom because im going to see my Dad who lives about an hour and a half from me. so i told her im going to make us a thanksgiving breakfast. my question is.. if you were making thanksgiving breakfast.. what would you make??i want it to be festive.

I was going to make pumpkin pancakes.. but my mom said she probably wouldnt eat those. so thats off the menu. Im going to make apple filled muffins (got the idea from a fellow cafemomer =] thanks!) My DF likes fruit partait so im going to make that... I was thinking the regular.. eggs bacon sausage buscuits but that doesnt seem very festive.. IDEAS PLEASE =] TIA

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
madtan23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:54 AM

We usually always have sausage balls.. dh loves them..Then I usually do pancakes usually ch. chip..LOL something special for the kids :) I usually don't do a big breakfast since I'm so busy doing the rest of the cooking.. 

ZoeCY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM

I'm not sure, your ideas sound good.  Here is a bump for you.

Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

ask mom what she wants..... but the regular sounds fine.

I dont think  ever did a Thanksgiving breakfast.... i usually starve myself to gorge on pies after

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:57 AM

we eat so damn early that if we were to eat a breakfast we wouldn't be hungry for dinner--or should i say lunch.

I hate how early we eat. Usually its around 1 and by the time 5 rolls around you are filling up plates again.

lol!!! 

ZoeCY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 11:59 AM

I just googled "Thanksgiving breakfast recipes" and got a bunch of stuff, I haven't checked into any of them yet, but just an idea.

jazzy020106

LOL we usually eat at like 3.. this year my stepmom is doing it at 4 thank god! lol.. but my saying is GOBBLE TIL YA WOBBLE!!!

Quoting edwardsgirl:

we eat so damn early that if we were to eat a breakfast we wouldn't be hungry for dinner--or should i say lunch.

I hate how early we eat. Usually its around 1 and by the time 5 rolls around you are filling up plates again.

lol!!! 

snoopy21276

i made this for dinner last night :)

i tube cresent rolls, 8 eggs ( milk to scramble them up with) ground sausage and shredded cheese

spray baking dish with cooking spray.. the rolls line the bottom, press seams together. next is the sausage( browned already) then the eggs on top of that. .top with a bag of shredded cheese.. in the over uncovred at 350 for 30-45 minutes.. it is quick and yummy! I top it with syrup when serving :)

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:00 PM

Ham steaks??  The pumpkin pancakes sound awesome to me...lol.  There is a great pumpkin muffin recipe on allrecipes.

ZoeCY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM

We do too, well we don't normally until 2 or so, but still you end up hungry again before the night is over!  This year we get to do it at a normal dinner time because my sister's boyfriend is coming from England and his flight doesn't get in until 4.

Quoting edwardsgirl:

lol!!! 

ChristinaR
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:01 PM

Fruit Salad would be good.. toast, or french toast...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)