Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my e-mail to toys r us..update

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM
  • 68 Replies

so let me explain what happened and you can tell me if i was rude or not.

so my father in-law asked what to get my dd for a b-day gift because they didnt get her anything.i asked him how much he wanted to spend because he could get her something of her x-mas list and he said 100$ so it old hin to get her the spongebob leapster 2 game system because she will love it! well he got her the wrong on he got the old leapster the purple one well he never gave me a receipt for it.i called toys r us yesterday and explained to them what happened and that i would like to exchange it and pay the extra to get her the right one.well they said they will not take it back and would not tell me why.now we never opened the game it still in the box so i e-mailed toys r us and here is what i said

To whom it may concern

My daughter received a leapfrog leapster as a gift  and it is not the correct item.I called yesterday and explained what happened and that the person that gave it to us did not give us the receipt and i wanted to exchange the item for the correct one and was told i couldn't.I do not understand why i can not exchange the gift and get my daughter the correct one and pay the extra 20$.If someone could please explain to me or help me that would be ever much appreciated

Thank you very much for you time.

does it sound rude?

I dont want the money back i want the right system and my FIL doesnt have the receipt anymore

update!

Toys r us just called and said that they can look up the receipt for me and they will take  it back ans give us in store credit

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dakajazz23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:11 PM

I dont think that it sounds rude, I think that it is brief and to the point. Very good.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
usmclife58
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

Quoting dakajazz23:

I dont think that it sounds rude, I think that it is brief and to the point. Very good.

Dakota2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 PM

I dont think it sounds rude at all. Id be interested to know what they say in response.

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM

thank i really hope they will take it back if not im going to be a little pissed i bought her a shit load of games for it and i dont want to have to go buy her the game system and then what will i do with the one she now has

Quoting dakajazz23:

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

StillMagnolia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:13 PM

Not rude at all.  Straight and to the point.

Beautiful__mama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Ya me to the e-mail i got back said i should have a response in with in 24hrs

Quoting Dakota2007:

I dont think it sounds rude at all. Id be interested to know what they say in response.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

tinkerxbell
by danger will robinson on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:15 PM

Their return policy is posted all over the store, and it has been their return policy for years. They do  not have the ability to do the returns without reciepts. I used to work there, and I got bitched at constantly because of the return policy. Just so everyone who is reading this understands, there is no way for an employee to override the return policy. They can not ring in a return or exchange without a reciept.

amanda090784
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 PM

I don't think it sounds rude at all. I also have had trouble returning things to them and babies r us. I was told without a receipt or gift receipt you're SOL.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
aleciamarie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:17 PM

This is from the Toys R Us website.  How does Toys R Us know that you didn't steal the cheaper product and are now trying to get the more expensive one for only $20?  Or that it wasn't purchased at a different store for less money?  Unfortunately toomany people have taken advantage of the system like that and therefore return policies have become more strict.  Does your FIL still have the reciept?  Can they look it up for him based on the creidt card number he used to purchase the item?

THE TOYS "R" US RETURN POLICY

Toys"R"Us will gladly accept returns made within 90 days of the purchase date for most items. Items excluded from this policy are video games, accessories, and systems; computer software, VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles; consumer electronics and select wheels and outdoor equipment/items. See below for our return policy for the items listed above when accompanied by a receipt.

Please follow these easy steps when returning an item:

1. Be sure to bring your dated purchase receipt.
    Receipts will help us process your return quickly and fairly. For your convenience, we also offer gift receipts. We will not accept any returns or exchanges without a receipt.
  2. Please keep all packaging and accessories.
    Please bring all original packaging, accessories, and instruction manuals that came with the item you are returning back to the store.
  3. Please return items within the appropriate time period.
    We will be happy to exchange items within 90 days from the date of purchase, or offer you a refund in the form of merchandise credit as long as the items are accompanied by a dated receipt.

We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles and consumer electronics.

Return Guidelines for Video Games, Accessories, and Systems/Computer Software/VHS Cassettes/DVDs/Music/Electronics/Radio-Control Items/Trading Cards/Collectibles/ Consumer Electronics

We will accept returns of the following items within 45 days from the date of purchase: video games, accessories, and systems; computer software; VHS cassettes; DVDs; music; electronics; radio-control items; trading cards; collectibles and consumer electronics .The original, dated receipt is required for a refund or exchange, and the item must be returned in its unopened and factory-sealed package. If the item has been opened, it can only be exchanged for an identical item. Refunds and exchanges will not be given without a dated receipt.

Return Guidelines for Select Wheel and Outdoor Equipment/Items

We will not accept returns on some opened items purchased from our pool and water slide category; specifically from the following manufacturers; General Foam, Intex, Little Tikes and Manley. For the convenience of our customers, these manufacturers have set up toll free customer service lines to handle all questions, problems and defective merchandise.

• General Foam 1-800-434-6178
  • Intex 1-800-234-6839
  • Little Tikes 1-800-321-0183 (Please select option 1)
  • Manley 1/800-434-6178

If you have further questions about our return policy, please speak to a member of the management team in our stores, or call 1-800-869-7787. We will be happy to assist you.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:18 PM

Its not rude...but their policy is they don't do refunds on electronics without a receipt, so I wouldn't expect to get anywhere with it.

why not just ask them for a receipt. Or take it back to walmart, they exchange everything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)