Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I want to spoil my kids for chirstmas but I think my family may get upset

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
  • 11 Replies

So my family as a whole (extended family included) decided that this year, since no one has money, we are going to not do presents and just have family time..BUT we will do presents for children. Fine with me, everyone is hurting financially this year. Anyways DH and I want to get my son a PowerWheels from Santa but since everyone is tight with money I think my family be upset with us about how much money we spent. Is it that bad to spoil my kids on Christmas?I mean we don't have a lot of money, and a PowerWheels will be pushing it, and that's pretty much all he'd get from Santa...Would you be upset with me or would say go for it and get the PowerWheels?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jdscirto
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Get him what you want and don't worry about what anyone esle thinks.

randmmom05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:24 PM

Its none of their business how much and how you spend your money.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM

its none of their business what u get ur kids..

Bos_Boo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

This.

Quoting randmmom05:

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:26 PM

Quoting randmmom05:

Braydens_Mama06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

Get him what you want, he's your child, not theirs.  And as far as power wheels go, I was looking on Craigslist and they have a bunch of gently used ones.  A lot of them only needed a battery and some didn't need anything and they all were super cheap.  I would look there if I were you if money is tight and then you could even stuff his stocking or something with the left over money.  

"Boys are found everywhere - on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket." - Alan Beck

"Little girls are innocence playing in the mud, beauty standing on its head, and motherhood dragging a doll by the foot." - Alan Beck
ZoeCY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM

Quoting randmmom05:

slm047
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:29 PM

they are your children! forget how they feel about it... the only person dh & i are getting presents for is our dd.

norman123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Quoting Bos_Boo:

This.

Quoting randmmom05:

exactly you buy what you want for your child

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:31 PM

if they get upset, then so be it...it's not your fault they can't afford to buy gifts...being that you obviously dont have to buy them anything, that means you can spend more on your child!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)