Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The military is NOT the only job that your tax dollars pay for.

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM
  • 96 Replies

Here is an A-Z list of government jobs.

this list includes things like police, firefighters, EMS, public school teachers, garbage men, mail carriers, politicians, the CDC, the FDA, bus drivers, school lunch ladies, the FBI, and the CIA.

Why aren't there posts complaining about the benefits these workers receive?

edited and bumped to add: * or discounts at certain places*

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:27 PM

people are going to say "because they arent out fighting for our country"

CafeMom Tickers

Susan0805
by ~♥~Susan~♥~ on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:28 PM

I cant believe people are complaining about these things... I mean I guess we should close down police stations and emergency ems. and oh no...the firefighters too!! Seriously, as a military wife and vet you dont make that much... and I worked a part time job when I could on my off time when I was active duty and my parttime job payed more than my military salary!!! Alot of people take pay cuts when they enlist.

~*~ Proud mommy to Hannah and taylon & wifey to bobby! ~*~

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:32 PM

Quoting southernjess3:

I don't follow. How would that apply here?

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:35 PM

thats why a lot of people arent complaining about benefits for other jobs. even though they are all government type jobs ive noticed people see them way differently. if these people arent fighting for our freedom then it really doesnt matter..(not my views)

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting southernjess3:

I don't follow. How would that apply here?

CafeMom Tickers

M0M0F03
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:37 PM

Quoting Susan0805:

I cant believe people are complaining about these things... I mean I guess we should close down police stations and emergency ems. and oh no...the firefighters too!! Seriously, as a military wife and vet you dont make that much... and I worked a part time job when I could on my off time when I was active duty and my parttime job payed more than my military salary!!! Alot of people take pay cuts when they enlist.

Lets release all the criminals too...prisons are government funded.

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:39 PM

Not to mention the fact that IF you get out of the service there is really no need for your MOS in the real world. Think about it, how many infantry men are needed in the civilian world?

Dh is an 88mic, a dying breed of a mos, He took a break in service but decided to Re-up because there were JUST NO JOBS avalible for a truck driver, and we didnt have enough money for him to get his CDL. 9 years of driving trucks is just not good enough for a civi.

Quoting Susan0805:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

Quoting M0M0F03:

:) I'd rather hear complaints about  how our prisoners are eating better quality food than what is served in the public schools... but I guess I'm just weird like that.

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

I worked in a prison kitchen and the thought of the food makes me shudder....

Quoting wickedfiress:

Quoting M0M0F03:

:) I'd rather hear complaints about  how our prisoners are eating better quality food than what is served in the public schools... but I guess I'm just weird like that.

rayzensun
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

I don't know why they complain....

maybe just because they don't agree with the war or our government policies but they are fine with teachers, medical workers, mailmen....

(again not my point of view)

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
roxy85
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

Because many of them are paid a fair wage in addition to having great benefits and they aren't on call 24/7 or taken away from their families on a regular basis with no notice. As a garbage man if I wanted to walk in and quit my job I could do that without risking jail time for dissertion...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)