Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PCOS...anyone have this?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

Okay so I have PCOS and here is what a month is like for me..

IF I have a period it is painful and only lasts 3 days and then nothing.

I go two weeks out of the month with NO pain whatsoever in that area and then the other 2 weeks of the month, wether I have a period or not, is constant pain in my left side just over my ovary. In 2005 I had to have an eptopic pregnancy removed from that ovary. The tube and ovary are still intact. I have not found anything over the counter that can touch this pain and connot afford to go to the doctor.

Anyone having anything like this going on? Any advise you can give me? I just cannot take it anymore!! I hurt so bad that I cannot hardly move some days.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM

ANYONE????

CafeMom Tickers
Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

i know you have financial issues.... but it sounds like you need to go to the doc or at least call and see what they can give you. If you are diagnosed PCOS they should be able to recommend something

I used to get ovarian cysts, I feel your pain.....

soleismommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

i have a close friend who has PCOS and she goes to the doctor regularly to get checked and they have her on something to help the pain... she also said its not as bad when shes on BC 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers,Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Not.So.Virginal
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM

forgot to add that, i am on BC and have not gotten a cyst since

Quoting soleismommy:

i have a close friend who has PCOS and she goes to the doctor regularly to get checked and they have her on something to help the pain... she also said its not as bad when shes on BC 

Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Quoting Not.So.Virginal:

i know you have financial issues.... but it sounds like you need to go to the doc or at least call and see what they can give you. If you are diagnosed PCOS they should be able to recommend something

I used to get ovarian cysts, I feel your pain.....

I used to be on metformin and it helped a little but I did not want to take it while pregnant and now we cannot afford it due to the hospital causing us to file bankruptcy for not wanting to accept $200 a month payment. Which we could barely afford anyway.

CafeMom Tickers
Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Quoting soleismommy:

bc makes me VERY sick so it is not an option. sucks.

CafeMom Tickers
mom23babes
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:57 PM

I have PCOS but have never had anyting like that.I does sound like an ovarian cyst.The only choice you seem to have is to either call or go to the dr's.They are probably gonna be the only ones who can help.

Good Luck

in loveteen girltoddler girlstork

Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:35 PM

bump

CafeMom Tickers
mommaboudreaux
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM

Is it possible to develop PCOS after having a baby?  I have endometriosis but since having had my son I have developed symptoms of PCOS as well.  Is this possible?  What should I do?

Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:40 PM

Quoting mommaboudreaux:

Is it possible to develop PCOS after having a baby?  I have endometriosis but since having had my son I have developed symptoms of PCOS as well.  Is this possible?  What should I do?

Pregnancy helped mine and then it came back with a VENGENCE!! My doctor warned me it might. I am not sure in your case. I would research it. There is a group called Living with PCOS on here. They have all kinds of info on there. I have looked on there but just wanted to get the "general public" input.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)