Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bash military day?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
  • 21 Replies
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM

That is horrible.

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:40 PM

Hmmmm....my husband went active after we had been together for 17 years and had 4 kids.  We took a $7k per month pay cut when he went active.  I guess I was in it for the money too...

confused

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM

LOL I have seen a lot of posts on here today about military and that one wins for sure! I am prior service and a military wife and let me tell you the benefits are not that great and people are still on WIC and living paycheck to paycheck....what dummies to think that!

adamjackie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:42 PM

LMAO Ya I married my dh for the money. I love having to live paycheck to paycheck. Honestly I made more when I was single and bartending then my dh does and he has been in 12 years.

Katsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM

Lol wow, as soon as I read that I looked over at my husband and said "apparently I married you for the benefits" he goes "damn right" lmao. I'm not even going to bother replying, if thats what she wants to think off some show...good for her. Yes, there are tag chasers but then again theres women that will chase lawyers and doctors strictly for the money aspect. Theres always going to be the bad seeds, however not all of us are like that.

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I agree.

Quoting HLoeffler08:

That is horrible.

There are some ppl out there that do do this though. Just to get away from their crap home towns. Its a sad fact. Im not in anyway saying ALL military spouses do this. I have met one or two, and its true. There is no love in the relationship.   IT HAPPENS. :(

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

-xoxo-
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM

There are some women out there that purposely go after military men for money and benefits, but they aren't ALL like that by any means. My dh was thinking about joining the ARMY just for the cash and college, that's just how the world works sometimes. It's just like the post about the guy that didn't deserve to be honored on Veterans Day. There are some awesome vets and then there are douche bags. 

nomadbrat83
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM

Yep I have more education and was working as a defense contractor when I met my hubby and got married and was making more money then he was.

Quoting adamjackie:

LMAO Ya I married my dh for the money. I love having to live paycheck to paycheck. Honestly I made more when I was single and bartending then my dh does and he has been in 12 years.

MelonballBounce
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM

We actually qualify for foodstamps and wic (don't use them though). I must really suck at this gold digging thing I'm supposedly doing...

neenerashley
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

OH and just for the record.. I married my hubby because he looked DAMN SEXY in BDU's. LOL! I wish they would bring those back.. screw the ACU!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)