Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Christmas for an infant???????

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM
  • 13 Replies

My son was born this week and now that he is here, I am thinking about Christmas. What do you get a baby that will be less than 2 months old for Christmas? He doesn't need anything and I don't want him to get nothing, but all I can think of is clothes. What else would you give an infant for Christmas?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:43 PM

I never did until they were over a year old. Even then they didn;t get much until they were 3. Maybe 2 things...that they needed anyway.

jat08167
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:44 PM

For my sisters baby(shes due in two weeks) I bought her some rattles, teethers, and cloth books. 

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 PM

When we had our first child he was 3 months old at Christmas. We wrapped up baby toys and books and put them in his stocking and we sat with him on the couch and he batted at the paper, we opened the packages up and made a fuss. That's about it. We've had 4 more kids since then and we always wrap some things up for their stockings if they were infants at Christmas time, but it still seems silly, lol

mamahoney400
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:46 PM

Well, personally, we didn't get much for our kids when they were that little.  They can't open gifts and they are unaware of the holiday and they don't really NEED presents.  So, we would just get things that they needed at the time...........something useful.  If your LO doesn't really need anything but you want to give him something, I think clothes would be a fine gift.  Or maybe a small toy........a rattle or a little learning toy that he will grow into soon.

mommyoftwo103
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I got both of my daughters stockings (engraved) from Pottery Barn :) they have really cute ones. My mom got them little ornaments with their names and birthdays... that's a good idea also! I know my DD's will cherish these forever! :)

http://www.thingsremembered.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Listing_10001_9951_1558_1558__3297_3299?occId=0

MrsAMleibo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Oldest DD was 4 months old her first Christmas and we got her, clothes, booties, teethers, rattles, plush toys and books.  My aunt and Uncle put together a basket that had a couple of boxes of rices cereal, some starter foods, bowls, spoons and a placemat. 

jlm2676
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

I would just get a couple of little toys for 0-6 months and wrap them up.  You older child knows what is going on and might ask why the baby didn't get anything. 

JEN
baby development

babies
RippledBegonias
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Ive been thinking the same things- I scheduled to be induced on 12/21- so she will only be 4 days old - the only thing she'll want is to nurse! but I know my older children ( me too I suppose) will want her to be included even if she doesn't care- I figured ( so far I d let my older children pick out a gift- they both also have hooded animal towels so I figured i could get her one also-  and for a "big" gift our portable swing is shot so that could be her big fun gift- otherwise clothes =P
Im curious what others ideas will be

Grateful Dead Bearsthere is a road, no simple highway, between the dawn and the dark of night, if you go no one may follow, that path is for your steps alone...

~Jessyca~ AP~ Crunchy~ Mama to Matt, Ana & Mia (due 12/21/09)~

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

dd was 2 weeks old when she had her first christmas...we didnt buy her anything...i didnt see the point

MelonballBounce
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:49 PM

My daughter was around 2 months old when we celebrated christmas (:`

We didn't get her a whole lot b/c she didn't need a whole lot plus she was really too little to know the difference.

We got her a lot of little toys: teddy bears, a leapfrog toy that sings the abc's when you push it, teething rings, board books, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)