Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Supercuts Issue (My poor baby!!!)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM
  • 33 Replies

So I went to Supercuts yesterday for my 6 yr old to get a haircut. I brought my three other children with me. When my six yr old was almost done with his haircut, the other stylist became free. So because one of my other sons needed a haircut too, I asked her if she could cut his hair, becuase he was that small. She said that she could, so I asked her too, and she said okay. I sat with him in my lap for the haircut. I didnt have any issues with her during the haircut, and because my children were restless I didnt check it at all before leaving, I just paid for the two haircuts and left. (I do know that it was my fault that I didnt check while there.) When I got home with them, I noticed that not only was there almost no hair taken off, and it was uneven, but she had cut him on the tops of both of his ears and they were bleeding. She had done that with the razor that they use around their ears. I didnt do anything about it because he was so upset, I just wanted to calm him down and lay him down for his nap. So I did, and by the time I would have been able to go back to the store, it was too late. Now, I will say that he was wiggling and moving, and I was holding as tight and as well as I could. But I am upset about this situation for several reasons, first she never should have said she could cut his hair if she wasnt used to cutting a childs hair who was that small and moved. Second, when she saw that he was moving around, she should have stopped cutting his hair, and maybe said come back tomorrow or later on, and I will try again, I dont want to keep cutting his hair because I might HURT him. Now I am also worried that this might traumitize him when it comes time to get another hair cut. This wasnt his first hair cut, his first haircut was at Cartoon Cuts in the mall, and we had a good experience there, and that is where I will take him next time. No way am I going to take him back to Supercuts again. I am so upset about this. I sent a message to Supercuts corporate this morning, because I wanted to let them know what happened. I am so upset, I feel so bad for my son, I am blaming myself for having them do it in the first place. I cant take a picture to show what they did, because everytime I try to come even remotely close to his ears, he immediately tries to pull away. He doesnt want anyone touching his ears now, not that I blame him.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LollipopDream
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM

I take my son to snipits. I don't know if you have any in your area but they are awesome!

dakajazz23
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM

Quoting LollipopDream:

I take my son to snipits. I don't know if you have any in your area but they are awesome!

It looks like their is one that is pretty close to our area, it looks like it isnt too far from the Cartoon Cuts that I took him to for his first haircut. I never heard of them before. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
begamom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:58 PM

poor baby :(

I hate Supercuts..they're cheap for a reason.....

krise
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:59 PM

Yikes. Super cuts is very bad, I would never go there. It's worth the extra money to get my kids or my hair done right. 

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I cut my son's hair.  I accidently cut his ear once with the razor and felt terrible but he forgot by the next time!

And yes, I would be VERY upset.

callie06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM

Some stylists don't get experience with little kids.  When I was in school I had a few but if their really young and move around alot they told us to ask what the most important part that they want cut because you can't always get through the whole cut.  She should have been more careful around his ears and should have stopped when she cut his ear(dealing with blood and all).  When I cut my ds's hair I take my time so I don't hurt him.  But he's happy if I give him a comb or clip to play with but I use a clippers now instead of shears.  I hope he feels better soon.

coleysmama
by Lisa on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:04 PM

I cut my baby's hair myself because I don't want them cutting him with something that has cut someone else (scary!)  I use clippers with the different attatchments. It's a hassle but its better than the worry.

CafeMom Tickers

LollipopDream
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Quoting dakajazz23:

Quoting LollipopDream:

It looks like their is one that is pretty close to our area, it looks like it isnt too far from the Cartoon Cuts that I took him to for his first haircut. I never heard of them before. 

The ladies in my area there are very nice. They give the kids a prize everytime. Also you said you had a 6 year old. Last time we took are son we had them use green hair gel that made his tips of his hair green. It looked so cute and washes out easy.

chair.r13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I think with most of those corporate chains, unless you have someone you always go to, you run the risk of this happening. Not even just corporate chains. If you aren't familiar with any stylist you have no way of knowing what you will get.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

The only thing I don't understand - how did she cut his ears and make him bleed and you didn't even notice?  You were holding him on YOUR lap, right?  Were not watching what she was doing?

I would go back and talk to the stylist.  We have taken our son back when we get home and don't think it turned out right.  They just fixed it for us.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)