Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Changing baby's name after it's born. Am I crazy???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM
  • 45 Replies

You know how when you pick your child's name it is a name that, when you first saw it or seen it, you said "that is it!!".  And you knew that was the name your baby would be and you loved it.  Well my older 3 kids were like that but my 4th, not so much.  I never found that name.  3 days before my induction I just decided on Brooke (nothing against this name) because I knew a girl with that name and she was pretty.  Well it was never the "name" that I wanted but I just figured it would work.  The other day I heard the name and my thoughts immediately were "this is it, that is the name!".  Why didn't I hear this name or think of it before I had her?  So aggravating.  She is 5 months old.  It's not like she'll remember.  But is it crazy to change her name?  I just LOOOVE this name and I know this is the one.  What should I do?  I was thinking if I did change it I would keep her middle name Brooke.  Am I crazy?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

I_love_my_girls.gif my girls image by Phoebe_066         I_love_my_boys_1.gif boys image by lkfitz

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tha-hawt-mommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:50 PM

i wouldnt ... even though shes only 5 months old. harmoni was alert to her name and her nickname by 5 months, so thats why i would not. 

*Do you have a 2008/2009 Baby? Love taking pics and videos of them? Join my contest group!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/2008-2009-photo-and-video

*Do you love hip-hop music? Come join my hip-hop hunnies group & keep hip-hop alive!
http://www.cafemom.com/group/hip-hop-hunnies

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM

If your going to do it do it now...I wish I had changed my sons name when he was a baby ..I never liked Nicholas and now he is 7 years old I still don't and it drives me crazy when I think about it..lol ...SO I say good luck and go for it..but hurry!

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

imthatgirl728
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:51 PM

I wouldn't.

Whats the other name?

connorsmommy120
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:52 PM

Quoting imthatgirl728:

I wouldn't.

Whats the other name?

mommyoftwo103
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:53 PM

Yes, I want to know what the other name is :)

Jess2234

Go for it!!! I have a friend who changed her DS name at 15 months!!! He adjusted just fine!!! Your DD won't even know the difference!!! If you love the new name I would do it!!!

SarahMerritt_22

Quoting imthatgirl728:

Whats the other name?

StillMagnolia
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:54 PM

Quoting Just_Bethy:

If your going to do it do it now...I wish I had changed my sons name when he was a baby ..I never liked Nicholas and now he is 7 years old I still don't and it drives me crazy when I think about it..lol ...SO I say good luck and go for it..but hurry!

I agree, I would go ahead and do it now before she gets any older.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

That's funny.  My son's name is Nicholas.  And I HATED it for about 6 months.  He finally "grew" into it.  He is now our Nick-Nack-Paddy-Wack, Nick-Nick, Nicky and Nicholas.

Quoting Just_Bethy:

Wendyburger
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 PM

i dont think you are crazy..I want to go back and change my 7 yr olds middle name..well also my babys..I want to swap them..is that crazy? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)