Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

STYES!!!! HELP!!! *BIG event that this will ruin!*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
  • 15 Replies

like just my luck that up pops a stye on my lower left eyeball lid...I have a HUGE Army ball (it is all weekend long) starting TOMORROW!!! i already am dealing with stupid pimples all over my face and now this!!!

Pleae tell me how to make it go away faster!!! Ive been using hot water wash clothes on my eye a few times a day but just grrr its not helping!!!!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 PM

bump

cleo1977
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM

pimples-----tooth paste.......stye.....hot compress....have fun

jcsg
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM

This is an old wives tale, but I swear it works.  My husband had a really bad stye, and this method helped it go away.  Not overnight, but there was a significant difference w/in a couple of hours.

Take a dropper and fill it with Whole White Milk.  Put a couple of drops in your eye.  I think he had to do this a couple of times a day.  A stye is like a pimple in the eye, and the milk protein helps to make it "pop" and helps the gunk come out which makes the swelling go down.

anikahaynes1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:16 PM

omg that is gross and interesting...hmmm I dont know now, and all we have is 2 % would that  work too? Thank you for your solution though! :)

Quoting jcsg:

This is an old wives tale, but I swear it works.  My husband had a really bad stye, and this method helped it go away.  Not overnight, but there was a significant difference w/in a couple of hours.

Take a dropper and fill it with Whole White Milk.  Put a couple of drops in your eye.  I think he had to do this a couple of times a day.  A stye is like a pimple in the eye, and the milk protein helps to make it "pop" and helps the gunk come out which makes the swelling go down.

kstailey

I THINK THEY SELL DROPS FOR STUFF LIKE THAT AT WALMART THAT HELP.

anikahaynes1

Quoting cleo1977:

pimples-----tooth paste.......stye.....hot compress....have fun

will any kind of tooth paste work?

SunnyJoJo
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM

someone on here told me to use a tea bag (after it's been in hot water) and kinda squeeze it a little to get some of it in your eye. I did this and it cleared up my eye in a few hours. I'm pretty sure chaoticX(i don't know the rest)  told me that she posted a pic of her son the day she did it and his eye was drastically better the next day.

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

crysjuls
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM

ooo i just had one of those. they hurt!!!  if you have mexdican shops there in your area, get this ointment called terremecina.  make sure it is for the eyes tho.  this works wonders on styes and also pink eye.  trust me, this will work overnight! 

crysjuls
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

i have also heard this, but i heard you have to use breast milk.  i've never done it tho.  my mom puts lemon in her, ouch!

Quoting jcsg:

wickedfiress
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM

Boil coriander seeds in water... strain the seeds out, KEEPING the water.  Let it cool all the way.... then flush your eye with the water 3 times a day.

My grandma taught me that. It got rid of mine right before my senior pics! :)

It's amazing how people don't hold themselves to the standards they set for others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)