Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kinda worried bout my little guy

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM
  • 16 Replies

my little guy started running a temp yesterday.. it was 101.6 when i last checked.. the thing that gets me is there is nothing else wrong. Hes almost three and isnt getting any teeth in or anything... hes still eating and drinking fine but im still concerned. I dont know if i should take him to the doc cuz they will just say give him some tylenol and send us home like they always do... what should i do ladies?

please no bashing

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Gabeys_Mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Honestly, I would give him tylenol. If that doesn't take the fever down, then take him in.

lilmansmom13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I would lgive him some childrens Motrin. I used to work in at a childrens urgent Care and we always reccomended Motrin over Tylenol for fevers. helps it go down quicker and stay away longer. I wouldnt be too concerned fo rnow, if it doesn't go down or continuously gets higher then I would think about taking him in. Most liekly though it is a virus and will rrun its course. Keep him hydrated and just watch his fever.

ribbons4curls
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 PM

I wouldn't take him to the doc with just a fever. You would run the risks of him catching something else. I most likely would call my doc. though if it was enough for me to be concerned. I think he sounds fine. I would alternate motrin and tyelnol and bring him in if he had any other symptoms.  Good luck.

SnappyKaliZai
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:09 PM

I really don't know hon. Wait it out and see if he changes in mood and stuff or if the fever gets to about 103 or higher....

My nephew has been running a fever of 104.4 or so for about a week now. He WAS puking and had a cough. They tested him for the flu and stuff and it came back neg, but he keeps spiking high fevers that are really though to get back down. Everytime they take him to the hospital, they send him back home and say there is nothing they can do. 

kayla4507
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:10 PM

i have been alternating giving him tylenol and motrin. It does come down for a few hours, but then it just comes right back.

Quoting lilmansmom13:

I would lgive him some childrens Motrin. I used to work in at a childrens urgent Care and we always reccomended Motrin over Tylenol for fevers. helps it go down quicker and stay away longer. I wouldnt be too concerned fo rnow, if it doesn't go down or continuously gets higher then I would think about taking him in. Most liekly though it is a virus and will rrun its course. Keep him hydrated and just watch his fever.

preemiemommy

this happened with aiden the other day.  he had a fever of about 101 all day but was eating and playing and running around like he always does.  then the next day he got a terrible cough and it was almost like an "i need to puke i'm coughing so much" HARD cough, and his fever went up to 102.6.  i ended up taking him to the ER that night.  he was so congested...they gave him an antibiotic for 3 days, said to give cough meds (robitussin 3/4 tsp every 4 hours) and tylenol for the fever.  that was monday night...finally today his fever is down, doesn't need anymore tylenol, his antibiotic is gone, and i haven't given him any cough meds.  he is still coughing a little...but nothing too bad.

through it all he has still played and been his normal self, just not eating much at all.  crazy kids

My eggo is preggo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
shis_mama

My daughter had this Halloween weekend. It is a fever virus that is going around. There really is nothing you can do. Just alternate motrion and tylenol

LollipopDream
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:11 PM

Has he pooped? I know it sounds weird but if my son doesn't go for 3 days he gets a fever.

preemiemommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:12 PM

aidens fever was the same way.  i just had to keep giving it to him...doesn't it suck when our babies are sick :(

Quoting kayla4507:

i have been alternating giving him tylenol and motrin. It does come down for a few hours, but then it just comes right back.

Quoting lilmansmom13:

My eggo is preggo!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM

I would take him in. My son started a temp one night, by the next morning it was almost 102. I took him in and he had the flu. He had NO other symptoms either, he was eating, drinking and playing fine. He didn't act sick at all. They put him on Tamiflu bc we caught it so early and he was over the flu in less than 48 hrs. Fever is a sign of infection, so I would have it looked into. Even if they say just do Tylenol it's better to know than to not and risk him getting sicker.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)