Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You have a chocolate baby UPDATE

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM
  • 33 Replies

Thats what a cashier said to my DD3 just a bit ago when we were at wal mart. The lady knows my MIL and said that to my DD who had her AA baby doll with her. Then the lady says tell your grandma thats what I said it was. My DD waited for the lady to walk away then tried to bite her baby doll That was cute but I was offended by chocolate baby.

i JUST TOLD MY MIL about it and she said the lady is against any person any color other than white, So it was ment to be rasist. What a POS this lady is IM just glad my DD thought of  the comment as Cool I can eat my baby doll and not a race thing.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:17 PM

I am wondering if should have been offended by that or not For some reason I was

armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:19 PM

aww too cute she tried to eat it..

BossHog
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Yeah I don't think she should have said that at all I would have been mad

MelonballBounce
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:20 PM

Kind of a wtf moment there...

armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

Quoting mamafor6:

I am wondering if should have been offended by that or not For some reason I was

i dont think it was offensive but that is because we use terms like that in my own home alot of AA people i know use terms like that to refer to the color of their skin.

katie2007709
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

maybe she was trying to comment and make it not be a racist sounding comment i am not sure, i would brush it off and not stress over it

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I know right I wanted so badly to say something to the woman but what was I going to say? KWIM I was so shocked I couldnt say anything

Quoting MelonballBounce:

Kind of a wtf moment there...

burch731
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 PM

I think that it is cute that your daughter really thought it was chocolate & she could eat it but I would find it offensive that the cashier was racist & obviously not even decent enough to hide it. 

abenirichelle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:23 PM

i don't know if i would have been offended by it, but it would have bothered me.  it's one thing for a child to learn about other races, but they should know the races for what they are...not other terms.

tretresmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM

I don't think I would have been offened, but I do think she should have just kept her mouth shut. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)