Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids Toys Question???

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

I want to start teaching my 2yr the alphabet and numbers, but I don't know which toys are good and which ones are not. Also I'm debating if I should teach it to her in English and Spanish or just one language. Right now at home we talk to her in both languages and she can understand both OK.

Any ideas??

Lilypie Baby Ticker

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Codysmom22908
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:27 PM

Flash Cards and you, my son is 20 months and when I ask for his ABC book he knows which one it is. He has several and loves to read them with me. I would teach both languages.

CafeMom Tickers
mamivon2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I would say both say it in english and then right back in spanish, say it again in spanish and go back to english

linnet4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:30 PM

BUMP.. Anyone else??

Lilypie Baby Ticker

armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:36 PM

my 18 month old is learning his letters from the leap frog fridge magnets. the base for it tells them the letter, the sound it makes, and also sings the alphabet song to them. its really helping him any leap frog toy ive bought my children has taught them their letters, colors, and numbers..my 18 month old is running around the house sayin yellow to everything lol oh also the leap frog drum it has the setting for spanish and english on it and when they hit the drum it will light up and go to the next letter telling them the letter..that was my oldest fav toy

as for language i would say to do both since you speak both to her now at home..say it in english then in spanish and vice versa like the other momma suggested

Zoodles
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Check out Zoodles, it's a website that has fun, educational games for 2 - 8 year olds all in one place.  All the games are easy for 2 year olds to play on their own and teach letter recognition, number recognition, etc... Definitely cool, and also easy to play along with her if you have the time.  I work there, so I actually know the BEST PART IS IT'S FREE!!!  Lmk if you have any questions :-)

linnet4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:52 PM

I will check it out.

Quoting Zoodles:

Check out Zoodles, it's a website that has fun, educational games for 2 - 8 year olds all in one place.  All the games are easy for 2 year olds to play on their own and teach letter recognition, number recognition, etc... Definitely cool, and also easy to play along with her if you have the time.  I work there, so I actually know the BEST PART IS IT'S FREE!!!  Lmk if you have any questions :-)

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Zoodles
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 2:26 PM

Great, I really hope you and your dd enjoy the product!

Quoting linnet4:

I will check it out.

Quoting Zoodles:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)