Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is this normal for a 10 month old

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM
  • 4 Replies

I've been watching my nephew for 3 weeks and noticed a few things he's 10 months and when I hold something (a toy or food even his bottle) out for him to take he just stares at it I have to put it in his hand and in the case of food or the bottle I have to guide his hand to his mouth. I have been trying to get him to sit and play with blocks and stuff but even after showing him how to bang them together or stack them he just holds them. He loves my daughters little alligator xylophone but someone else has to bang on it he just holds the mallet. I know my kids where playing with toys, stacking blocks, finger feeding them selves  and stuff at this age but I'm not sure if it's normal. He has started walking and babbles and says a few things I can understand (mama ,dada, dog ,night night) it's the not grabbing for things and really playing that bothers me. Might it be a lack of real interaction I know they held him alot but I wonder if they actually sat and played with him, the other day he was sitting in the kids room playing with my girls and his mom came to get him and said it was weird to see him playing I guess at home they just hold him and walk around

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:24 PM

some kids develop slower than others maybe they dont play with him or show him how to do things like that at home which is why hes like 'huh' when u do it. i think with more interaction like what your doing he will pick it up in no time 

tretresmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM

I have 4 kids and they were all playing & finger feeding themselves at that age so heres  a bump for ya 

LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM

I'm starting to think that's what it is his big sister (shes 12) was here yesterday because the kids had no school and he was walking around and fell I had my hands in the sink so i told him "It's ok buddy get up and try again" and she ran over and picked him up before he had a chance to wimper

Quoting armywifenmommie:

some kids develop slower than others maybe they dont play with him or show him how to do things like that at home which is why hes like 'huh' when u do it. i think with more interaction like what your doing he will pick it up in no time 

LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:19 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)