Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 2 year old son drew all over my microfiber couch with an ink pen!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Anyone have any advice on how to get it out? I've heard the hand sanitizer works, but I don't want to try anything until I know for sure. Thanks!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mOm2bOyS_nY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:29 PM

eh my son does it all the time. i use any all purpose cleaner WITHOUT BLEACH!!!!

INmommyof1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:32 PM

I'll try this, the thing is that it is beige and I don't want water stains on it!

01.Amey.07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:33 PM

My DD drew with red crayon on my khaki couch last night. I have avoided cleaning it for that very reason.

Quoting INmommyof1:

I'll try this, the thing is that it is beige and I don't want water stains on it!

robbinsroost
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM

Use rubbing alcohol. It dries quick to help prevent water spots.

LCWAmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM

My son drew on my couch with a blue sharpie I used shot tripple action spray and it got it out then i scrubbed the heck out of it with a damp rag and rubbed it dry with a towel 

daralynn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM

My DD did that to our microfiber light tan sectional, I couldent get the ink out, luckily it was under warrenty and Wicks gave us a brand new sectional ( after they sent a lady out to clean it and she couldent get it out either)

Jessicaluvn
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM

The dollar store  carpet cleaner will get it out and you dont need to use water.

mOm2bOyS_nY
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:40 PM

mine too.. get out the hair drier! dont hold it close it will singe it

Quoting INmommyof1:

ShakleeMama87
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Hmm....maybe try the Magic Eraser? That thing takes out anything, but it may also take out the color on your couch. I would test it on the back or something first. good luck!

INmommyof1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM

Quoting daralynn:

My DD did that to our microfiber light tan sectional, I couldent get the ink out, luckily it was under warrenty and Wicks gave us a brand new sectional ( after they sent a lady out to clean it and she couldent get it out either)

Well, we got ours at an auction, so NO WARRANTY here!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)