Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone elses baby?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM
  • 9 Replies

Yesterday i went and donated blood. I love doing it =]

well, ds went through a LOT the first 6 months of his life. They took SO much blood and everything. So naturally he freaks. he 10 months old now

So i was holding him in my lap. And when they lady pulled out the needle, he lost it. clung to me and everything. Til he realized it was for mommy. Then he started yelling at her and smacking her arm after she put the needle in. Poor baby =[

its even sadder when i take HIM in to get blood drawn, and he doesn't fight anymore, its like hes defeated =[ i get so sad, because his eyes are just so sad looking and he just flops over like he gives up

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ArmyWifeNoDrama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:34 PM

Aww...that's cute that he swatted her for hurting you, but really sad that he acts defeated when they draw his blood.

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:35 PM

it is so upsetting. i cant even be in the room, dh has to be there because i always end up crying over it. its just not right to me.

Quoting ArmyWifeNoDrama:

Aww...that's cute that he swatted her for hurting you, but really sad that he acts defeated when they draw his blood.

proud 20 year old mommy to the love of my life Wyatt, born 01.08.09 and totally in love to my Marine Patrick since 01.10.08

twinmamaof3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:37 PM

I swear my dd is tamatized from her stay in the nicu!  she is two now, but she would cry whenever a nurse or doc would touch her.  like they were going to hurt her.  (they did lots of test on her and her twin brother, they were 11 weeks early)  lots of blood draws, test, picc lines, replacing picc lines.  it made it even worse when she got croup at 18 months okld, it landed her in the icu for three days, yeah it was horrible!  I really dislike taking her to the doc ow.

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM

my son had so much blood drawn when he was first born that his poor heals looked like raw meat :(  It was so sad!  Now he's 2 and had to have an actual, in the arm blood draw a couple of weeks ago.  I thought he would freak but apparently he's seen me have it done enough (between pregnancy and a thyroid condition, actually I had it done the day before he did) that it didn't bother him.  He didn't even flinch when they put the needle in!  He's not vaccinated though and IMO taking blood out is MUCH easier and less painful than injecting a vaccine in!

USMCBride08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:38 PM

oh poor baby =[

Quoting twinmamaof3:

I swear my dd is tamatized from her stay in the nicu!  she is two now, but she would cry whenever a nurse or doc would touch her.  like they were going to hurt her.  (they did lots of test on her and her twin brother, they were 11 weeks early)  lots of blood draws, test, picc lines, replacing picc lines.  it made it even worse when she got croup at 18 months okld, it landed her in the icu for three days, yeah it was horrible!  I really dislike taking her to the doc ow.

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:39 PM

Poor little guy :( It's sad to see our kids act defeated

mamaslilpunkin
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:42 PM

Poor baby:( and poor you that has to watch him go through it.I can't imagine how hard that must be.I remember my dd getting her blood drawn a couple years ago(when she was 4)to be tested for allergies.She screamed and fought it,I had to literally pin her down(they made me).I felt AWFUL.I was in tears.The rude nurse(I wanted to punch her lights out) said "gotta get tough mom(I hate being called 'mom 'by adults!) She'll go through worse things than this in life".grrrrrrrr!!!!!

Lilypie
USMCBride08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:53 PM

oh no that sounds awful. poor kiddo =[

i remember the first time they took blood from his arm. The dumb broad didnt know wtf she was doing and fricking played with the needle pulling it in and out. wasnt even in the fricking vein.

and then the time after that, the ahole wasnt holding the damn needle and it fell out. AND THEN he put a damn alcohol pad right on it. i was livid. i demanded another nurse and filed a complaint against him.

Quoting mamaslilpunkin:

Poor baby:( and poor you that has to watch him go through it.I can't imagine how hard that must be.I remember my dd getting her blood drawn a couple years ago(when she was 4)to be tested for allergies.She screamed and fought it,I had to literally pin her down(they made me).I felt AWFUL.I was in tears.The rude nurse(I wanted to punch her lights out) said "gotta get tough mom(I hate being called 'mom 'by adults!) She'll go through worse things than this in life".grrrrrrrr!!!!!

darcibeisheim
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:57 PM

My older son had RSV/croup/pneumonia the first couple winters and requiring hospitalization multiple days. He is now 3 and will freak out if he finds a bandaid on me or my hubby. We aviod taking him to visit someone at the hospital when at all possible because just the IV pole and fluid will freak him out...

Now my 10 month old baby has gone through even more with his birth defects, NICU stay and 3 surgeries. He honestly doesn't care unless he actually gets stuck with a needle. He loves all of his doctors and nurses (the feeling is mutual)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)