Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ft Hood Major formally charged

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM
  • 20 Replies

FORT HOOD, Texas – The Army psychiatrist suspected in a deadly rampage at Fort Hood, Texas, has been charged in a military court with 13 counts of premeditated murder.

U.S. Army Criminal Investigation Command spokesman Chris Grey told a news conference Thursday at the Texas base that additional charges may also be filed against Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan.

Hasan is suspected of killing 12 soldiers and one civilian in last Thursday's shooting spree at Fort Hood. He was shot and wounded by two police officers at the base, and remains in recovery at an Army hospital in San Antonio. His attorney says he was read the charges at the hospital.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Military officials say the Army psychiatrist accused of killing 13 and wounding 29 in last week's shooting rampage at his military post in Texas will face 13 charges of premeditated murder under the military's legal system. The decision makes him eligible for the death penalty if convicted.

A formal announcement about the charges against Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan is expected later Thursday. Two U.S. military officials described the charges to the AP on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak about the case publicly.

The officials said it is not yet decided whether to charge Hasan with a 14th count of murder related to the death of the unborn child of a pregnant shooting victim.

Honestly, I hope that not only he gets charged with the death of the unborn child, but does get the death penalty once convicted. I have been following the news reports as they have been coming out, and I honestly believe he had this planned. The messages he left neighbors sounded of those said my suicidal people. This man does not deserve to live.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:47 PM

im happy that is has formally been charged and i definitely see him gettin the dealth penalty the military courts are no joke. only thing that needs to be done is charging him with the death of that unborn child..once they do that i feel justice will fully be served 

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:48 PM

my husband said almost exactly the same thing. 

Quoting armywifenmommie:

im happy that is has formally been charged and i definitely see him gettin the dealth penalty the military courts are no joke. only thing that needs to be done is charging him with the death of that unborn child..once they do that i feel justice will fully be served 

PoisonousBlonde
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:51 PM

I agree 100%..

Quoting armywifenmommie:

img381/8154/99620876gs2.gifthimage021.jpg jasper witlock hale image by mrscullen1randy.jpg Randy Orton image by Mr_Damn_Artworks

serioussifL
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Didnt he WANT to die? Im not really sure, I havent been keeping up too much.. but if he gets the death penalty, arent we just giving him what he wants? I know many families would like to see this jackass dead, but personally I think he would get more punishment in prison/brigg.

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

alyssasmommy122
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

It costs tons of money to keep a prisoner for life. It would be better for him to be shot by firing squad imo!

Quoting serioussifL:

Didnt he WANT to die? Im not really sure, I havent been keeping up too much.. but if he gets the death penalty, arent we just giving him what he wants? I know many families would like to see this jackass dead, but personally I think he would get more punishment in prison/brigg.

armywifenmommie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Quoting serioussifL:

see this is one thing im not sure about myself i dont know if he wanted to die just like i cant say i believe it was premeditated like they say. i think its a mixture of different things and you dont really know exactly whats goin on with him since all the reports you see are so different from the next. i think that he snapped though that is for sure..ive heard that he was disrespected alot when he gave his opinion, ive heard that all he asked was to not go to iraq[which he has no control over]..its just a mess all together..but it does cost money to make him rot in jail. i dont think he would care either way though

alyssasmommy122
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:20 PM

Bump

mushmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:22 PM

I say give him what he wants.  It's not like someone like him is gonna sit back in prison and reflect on what he did and become remorseful.  He won't "live with what he did for the rest of his life".  He'll never care.

Quoting serioussifL:

mamafor6
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:24 PM

Hows this sound put on non leathal bullett in him for each bulett that hit some one then let him bleed to death

alyssasmommy122
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:31 PM

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Quoting mamafor6:

Hows this sound put on non leathal bullett in him for each bulett that hit some one then let him bleed to death

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)