Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

"Rash" on my DD's face....any ideas?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
  • 25 Replies

This little "rash" popped up just after my son was born.....just about 12 weeks ago. I say it like that, b/c when it first started, it just looked like pimples at the corner of her mouth. Right around the time I went for my 6wk check up, it had spread along her chin. We took her to the dr, and her dr asked if she had been exposed to anything new. And she hasn't (except for her brother). She gave us some lotion to put on it. We started giving it to her, and it seemed like the rash was going away (but just barely).

We thought it might've been her toothbrush (with a rubber grip), so we bought her a new one (without a rubber grip). Then I thought it might've been something in her playroom, so I closed the door and haven't let her go in there. It's been several days and the rash doesn't look any better.

Does this look like anything you've seen before? Is it possible it's the toothpaste? I think she uses Colgate (for kids). lol, It's red with Spongebobon it, but I think it's Colgate. Please bump if you don't know. I would assume the next stop with the dr would be to see a dermatologist, and that takes 6 months (at least it did for my DH).

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Lisabrenner
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:01 PM

Not sure.  but here's a bump for you

kimber2431
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:02 PM

no clue but here is a bump

collegemom09
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM

does she lick her lips. cause my DD gets a rash like that and the doc said its from licking her lips and her mouth around her lips. and drooling does it too.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Being a mommy is the greatest thing in the world.

jada2514

Quoting Lisabrenner:

Not sure.  but here's a bump for you

moms3kidz

bump 

gilbertgrl627
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:06 PM

She does.....but.....well, I didn't think it was that much. lol, Now I'm gonna watch her today and see if she does, and how often. lol.

Quoting collegemom09:

does she lick her lips. cause my DD gets a rash like that and the doc said its from licking her lips and her mouth around her lips. and drooling does it too.

moms3kidz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

um did  u have alot of visitors when u had ur baby ? if so did they kiss ur daughter alot ?

collegemom09
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:07 PM

ya i never thought it could be from that. what kind of lotion are you using for her face.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Being a mommy is the greatest thing in the world.

serioussifL
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:08 PM

I cant exactly remember what it looked like, but I had impetigo on my face (in the same areas as your LO) when I was younger. Perhaps WebMD.com can shed more light on this? 

I am a breastfeeding, pro-choice, vaccinating, Turbo Jamming,
disposable diaper using, cio sometimes, cat loving, dieting, married
and love my husband
Army wife and momwww.myspace.com/serioussifl  Check out my music!

carolynhowell
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:10 PM
1% hydrocortizone. Doctor told me to use that on my daughter who also had a rash. Just make sure she doesn't rub it in her eyes or mouth if you use it :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)