Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are you getting your kids for Christmas?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM
  • 25 Replies

I'm starting my shopping soon so I'm trying to get an idea of what to get. For my 2 year old i am getting him spike the dinosaur, chuck talking truck, rocky the robot truck, mickey magic train, the inch worm and some other things.

For my 8 year old she wants a mini laptop to do school work on so i am considering it.

For my 11 year old probably video game stuff and maybe a laptop for him too.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
stephNcary
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:36 PM

so far ive bought my 17 month old 2 pairs of shoes, his first movie and from santa his first basketball hoop. not really sure what else to get but he doesnt really need a bunch of toys.

Taking each day as it comes and trying to make the best out of every situation. I love my family and hate to cook, Taco bell is my favorite although i try not to eat out all the time. Im a probreastfeeding, anti CIO, gotta work kind of mom.

our newest addition coming soon:

spcjones203
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:37 PM

I have no idea. He'll be 15 months and growing like a weed. Probably some clothes. He's got two sets of grandparents and he's the only grandchild on both sides, so I'm not thinking about getting him much this year LOL! 

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

My 2 year old is getting VERY spoiled this year thanks to sales and shopping early!  He is getting...

Vtech Vmotion

Tag Junior

Trike (a VERY expensive one but we found it on a major sale!)

Hot wheels car carrier truck

RC tractor

Play BBQ set

And I'm STILL about $20 under my $150 budget but he has enough!

MsDean
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:39 PM

Well we got The Beatles game as the family gift and also some block set, and a wonder pets pop up book. Dh is actually going to build a puppet stage for the kids at work and we have some hand puppets but i am going to get a couple of more sets.

kiko2mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:41 PM

My ODD who is 9 is getting an MP3 player, My 6 year old is getting the swim to me puppy that she has been asking for all year, and the twins are each getting a Dora couch for their room. They are the little like fouton ones. Thats just the santa gifts though. Each of the big girls is getting a pillow and blanket set, Kyahs is Icarly and gracie is spongebob, hanna is getting the suds Dora and Haylee is getting the Yo Gabba Gabba piano. We tried to go with big gifts this year, so hopefully they will have a good Christmas.

Kyah, 9            Gracie, 6          Haylee & Hanna 2 

cage0101
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:43 PM

i got my son some puzzles, some clothes, a ABC game (electronic hand held), hotwheels cars, a lawn mower bubble blower, and a little more but cant think what they r right now its not alot cuz his b-day is only 5 days after Christmas so i had to split it up for his b-day everything is Cars(the movie)

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:45 PM

NOTHING!!!! MINE ARE SPOILED ROTTEN BRATS!!!! ha ha kidding, well, my 11 year old daughter wants a dsi, and my 17 year old son wants his first cell phone, so yep, there, and done!

Starfire73
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:46 PM

Not a damn thing if his grades don't improve! lol

JK!

He's ten. He wants the uhhh...damn what is it called? Transformers(from the movie part 2 revenge of the fallen) "Devastator" I think it's called. I've been watching the price drop like a hawk on walmart.com

It WAS $99.98, now it's down to $88 something.

Starfire73
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:47 PM

WTF is a "dsi"?

Quoting gardenchic:

NOTHING!!!! MINE ARE SPOILED ROTTEN BRATS!!!! ha ha kidding, well, my 11 year old daughter wants a dsi, and my 17 year old son wants his first cell phone, so yep, there, and done!

PeytonDylansmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:48 PM

So far I have bought my 4 year old a leap from leapster, some books, slippers, a magnetic book.I am still gonna get him some games for the leapster and a few smaller toys.

I need to get my 2 year old the home depot work bench, a handy manny toy, and maybe another small toy. I have already gotten him some slippers, magnetic book, some board books, and wooden puzzles.

We are trying to scale back on the presents this year. The get spoiled by their grandparents!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)