Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

you think people are really just becoming more lactose intolerant or people are becoming allergic to the chemicals in milk now?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
  • 9 Replies

seems strange that the numbers keep increase equally...

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
_MommaB_
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:13 PM

i took dd to the doc a few months ago to see if she was lactose intolerant..she was constantly throwing up, and her dad is lactose intollerant as well...turns our she is intollerant to the PROTEIN in the milk and not the milk its self..she may grow out of it may not 

tattoobaby girl-Briana-and-Eliana-

CafeMom Tickers

CountryGirl0809
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM

When daughter was a baby(well she still is now 16 mths old) but still on formula she was allerigic to the cow milk protein that was found in formula.   and she was allergic to soy.  She almost died from the allergy when she was 9 wks old.   She is lactose intolerant now  and was then on top of being allergic to it.   She did grow out of the allergy but still is lactose intolerant.  I'm also lactose intolerant  but my husband isn't.  She got it from me.  It is genetic the doctor told me.   

nikkikry
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:16 PM

No idea. All I know is I'm lactose intolerant as is my FIL, MIL, 2 BILs, and SIL. It makes for interesting meals with his family and everyone has always got Lactaid pills in their purses/pockets. The only one who isn't is my hubby, other SIL, and our DD. Mine has come and gone, but it's back now. I think mine has to do with me not drinking milk/eating dairy for many years so I was unable to process it in my body when I did start it up again.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

rayzensun
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:17 PM

lol no one ever cares about the issues that will actually affect them....

just the issues that affect other people....

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
mitch576
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:18 PM

neither.. .people's diets are so shitty, they have no tolerance for milk. i know that when i don't consume enough dairy, then start to consume it again.. i end up lactose intolerant. it takes weeks to straighten myself out.

ADMIN FOR AUTISM, ASPERGER'S, PDD AWARENESS.

Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:19 PM

I think that chemicals and chemically engineered foods have a lot to do with our declining health. Anyone watched Food Inc. yet? Pretty disturbing.  

RissaBusch
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:20 PM

I think there are a lot of factors that could go into it.  Chemicals our, imo, part of it.  But our diets are soooo crappy now our GI systems just aren't what they used to be.  Everything we eat is full of crap.  Nothing is pure anymore.  It's not just lactose intolerance that's on the rise, GI problems in general are.

hautemama83
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM

Its very ironic you post this as I was being told last night, by my MIL, that my son and I cannot be lactose intolerant and I am full of shit. Anyway it brings a good point that, up until recently I was able to drink milk fine, all until I got pregnant with my son (who is only 15 months). Now if I drink milk I get horribly sick, and bloated. My son has sipped milk once or twice (he is still breastfed) and has urpped it up almost immediately afterwards. Sounds like lactose intolerance to me. Oddly enough though we can both eat cheese and all other dairy, without any issues.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mesha125
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:56 PM

Alot of problems are with the protein in cows milk. They are pretty harsh. remember that it was made for baby cows, who have TWO stomachs to digest the proteins. Chemicals and pasterization (sp) have alot to do with it as well. Our Dr told us that most  of lactose intolerance is from the processing of milk...chemicals, antibiotics, growth hormones, etc. It changes it majorly. Even organic milk without the hormones and antibiotics still causes it because it still goes through pasterization and such. Ive done alot of research on it. When we do use milk its organic but we mostly use soy milk.

My son used to have bad stomach problems, and soy works better for him

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)