Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP! I think I'm losing my mind!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

My ds will be 2 in 3weeks and I'm trying to figure out HOW many party supplies to buy and how much is too much.  Ds LOVES dogs so we are having a THE DOG party(he picked the stuff out himself and won't budge) and it just seems like a awful lot of $. We will have 31 adults(not including me and dh) and 12 kids(not including ds) and I'm going to make decorations myself and buy a plain table cloth and plain paper plate and napkins but to get the rest of the stuff like the cups cake plates and a few other items it will cost me like $70 and thats not even including the food that I'm still trying to figure out.

How much did your kids party cost?  What did you do to save $?

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:23 PM

I did Elmo.. We bought everything Elmo from Toys R Us in their party section and then we had an Elmo cake that was 45 dollars.. So Id say we spent like 90 maybe 100.. 

berlgirl1224
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:28 PM

save money... buy the dog plates if he wants them, but make everything else plain. plain balloons, plain tablecloths, make the cake yourself and keep it plain. plain napkins, etc. yes, it sounds boring but honestly, 2yr olds dont care. as long as the dog is seen somewhere, no one cares

AmaliaD
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:37 PM

get one set of the dog plates for the kids,  the adults wont care and just get them cheap plain ones.  really i have one kid and go all out for his birthday so i cant help more than that about saving money because i dont try.  

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I usually do a plain tablecloth and such and then as far as plates go I buy some of the theme and some plain.  Same with napkins.  Cups are all plain.  I find my son's themes at the dollar store though!

Ethans_mom718
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM

we spent around 90.00 and that included all the party stuff, drinks, food. I made the cake and we got food from shylers bbq in town and he loved the party. I also made another cake for the adults. My sons bday was on July 18 and we went to walmart and got the clearanced out plates, cups, forks, ect. Just keep it simple and you shouldnt spend that much

I'm all about vaccinations, pro-choice, public schools, anti spanking, firm believer in a non-universal health care, breast-feeding, march of dimes, anti-daycare, tattoos, circumcising, and the work of unions. I'm a mother to a beautiful boy who was born at 3 months early, as well as a SHAM! And a wife to a communication worker!

NEWMOMOF1
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

DEIGO THEME. WE HAD HIS PARTY AT CHICK FIL A AND TOTAL COST I WOULD SAY WAS AROUND 100.00. NOT BAD I WOULD SAY

marshsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

This is what I did.  Only I didn't even do a theme.  I took pictures from his first year and framed them and placed them all around as part of the decorations and then everything else was plain, but I bought multiple colors.  So I had red, blue, green, yellow and orange cups, plates, etc...  The birthday boy had a special plate and a special hat, he chose the balloon decorations (how lucky am I?).  I spent more money on the cake than I did any other one thing for the party.  Just remember the most important thing is that he and all the kids have fun, once the party starts he's not going to be so concerned about the "dog" decor, I priomise!

Quoting berlgirl1224:

save money... buy the dog plates if he wants them, but make everything else plain. plain balloons, plain tablecloths, make the cake yourself and keep it plain. plain napkins, etc. yes, it sounds boring but honestly, 2yr olds dont care. as long as the dog is seen somewhere, no one cares

EsmeVincent
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:17 PM

thanks yall for all the input, yea I think I may end up doing most of it all either plain green or plain blue(the colors of the dog stuff) and just get cake plates, cups and a few napkins in the dog theme then maybe a Mylar dog balloon and 1pkg of the white with paw print balloons...I think I'll end up doing plain colored goodie bags with things from the $1 store.  Last year for ds 1st bday I spent around $60 for 2 parties...this time its just 1 party but the stuff costs a bit more.

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)