Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

East coast moms, questions about this weather!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
  • 32 Replies

Are you worried at all about this weather?
It is pretty bad here right now in Delaware! I am thinking about packing up and heading inland.
I kow it's already hit south of us, should I be concerned?
I live less than 1/4 mile from the Indian River inlet. What would you do? My electric is flickering!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

Weather here in PA is still pretty warm, at least where I am. Todays high is about 52.

isra1986
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM

Well, it's coming for you, lol.
We are getting hit hard now!

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

Weather here in PA is still pretty warm, at least where I am. Todays high is about 52.

grammarpolice
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM

WHAT??

I think I'll call my parents (Salisbury, MD) which I believe is about an hour away from you, maybe less. Didn't know anything was going on! I'll post after I call.

I live on Long Island (NY) just a light drizzle here.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:43 PM

I just checked our 10 day forcast and we're not getting anything but some rain.

Quoting isra1986:

Well, it's coming for you, lol.
We are getting hit hard now!

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

youngmamma11
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:44 PM

I live about 3 hours inland from the virginia coast line.. and we had some major flooding yesterday and today. It hit really hard last night. The winds were up but not too bad... just ALOT of rain. It finally stopped raining a few hours ago..so i guess the system has moved up north now. There are several roads closed and the major rivers are overflowing thier banks.. but it seems the worst is over and now we just have to wait for the water go down. Hope it's not too bad your way. :)

isra1986
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM

We are getting hit with what is left of hurricaine Ida!
IT's been pretty windy since yesterday, raining. I am just concerned about the coastal flood watch. I am a worry wart! Lol.

Quoting grammarpolice:

WHAT??

I think I'll call my parents (Salisbury, MD) which I believe is about an hour away from you, maybe less. Didn't know anything was going on! I'll post after I call.

naomishere
by naomi michelle on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM

im in north jersey and i know were suppose to get a nor easter sp? how bad is it down there?

nikkikry
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:45 PM

I have family near Salisbury. What's going on there?

Quoting grammarpolice:

WHAT??

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

isra1986
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

So I should pack up and go inland? It is over MAryland now, I just looked at the Radar. We haven't even got the worst of it yet!

Quoting youngmamma11:

I live about 3 hours inland from the virginia coast line.. and we had some major flooding yesterday and today. It hit really hard last night. The winds were up but not too bad... just ALOT of rain. It finally stopped raining a few hours ago..so i guess the system has moved up north now. There are several roads closed and the major rivers are overflowing thier banks.. but it seems the worst is over and now we just have to wait for the water go down. Hope it's not too bad your way. :)

AquarianPath
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

Quoting isra1986:

We are getting hit with what is left of hurricaine Ida!
IT's been pretty windy since yesterday, raining. I am just concerned about the coastal flood watch. I am a worry wart! Lol.

Quoting grammarpolice:

WHAT??

You doing ok Isra? We're ok up here in Dover. Not too much flooding but A LOT of wind. Wanna come hang out with us inlanders? LOL....

Let me know.

Photobucket

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)