Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how much does your 1 year old weigh?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM
  • 12 Replies

I don't think my 14 month old has gained any weight (except MAYBE an ounce or two) since she was around 9 months!!  She's been around 20 pounds 3 ounces for a LONG LONG time--and she's not getting any taller.  My oldest 2 kids grew like weeds--and still do.  My preemie was a slow grower, but that was totally different.  Do you think I need to mention it to the pedi?  I mean, she's "normal" in her height and size....but shouldn't she be getting bigger? KWIM?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
VinnysMomma10
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 PM

My son is 2 but I thought the least I could do was offer you a bump!! My son shot up like a rocket, he's 2 and already wearing 3t and some 4ts comfortably.... so I really can't compare...... but bumpin ya anyways!

Also I would mention to your pedi even if you have the slightest concern, it NEVER hurts to ask!! Good luck 

TTC A 2010 Baby Girl~Click for Loveā™„Letters

JasonsMom2007

My son was only 16 lbs at one year.  Then again he lost weight between 3 and 6 months and hardly gained between 6 months and a year.  Should have pushed to have more done about it then!  Now he is 2 and seeing a GI.

But no, I wouldn't worry because crawling can really slow down the weight gain.

SunnyJoJo

my daughter is 13 months and before she got sick she was 20lbs now she' like 18 and gaining. She's pretty short for her age group which also makes her weight in the 30% or whatever. I think if your concerned you should bring it up to her pedi, it won't hurt anything to talk to someone about it.

Our family is little and broken, but still good.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:47 PM

If she's following her growth curve,don't worry.Your Ped would have mentioned something if there was anything to worry about.My daughter was 16lbs at her 12 month check up and stayed at 16lbs for a long time.At that age,it's normal for their weight gain to slow way down.She just turned 3 and she's at 29lbs,only 3lbs up from her 2 yr well check.

Photobucket
purplemoosemom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Oh she hasn't crawled in MONTHS.  LOL She started walking around 10 ish months. 

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

My son was only 16 lbs at one year.  Then again he lost weight between 3 and 6 months and hardly gained between 6 months and a year.  Should have pushed to have more done about it then!  Now he is 2 and seeing a GI.

But no, I wouldn't worry because crawling can really slow down the weight gain.

jenny198356
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:52 PM

My 10 mos old is around 26lbs. Yea I have big babies...lol.

terrabiglieri
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:54 PM

My first 2 kids were girls, and they were at 20 pounds at 1 and stayed there for i while I remember. Now my 3rd child is a boy and he weighed 22 pounds at 1 and now weighs 24 pounds at 14 months. Maybe she is just going to be petite, and hit a growth sprurt around 2 like my girls. They were so small the first 2 yrs and now they are tall and skinny! lol

cryssi_renee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

My 13 month old weighs 26 lbs. He was 24 lbs at 10 months. 

purplemoosemom

That was my first 2!

Quoting jenny198356:

My 10 mos old is around 26lbs. Yea I have big babies...lol.

CAarmywife

my oldest weighed the same at 6 months as she did at 18 months (23 lbs). my 15 month old weighs 2 lbs more than she did at 1 years old (now is 23 lbs)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)