Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

kids a damn genius! Update #2 Last Update!!! Im DONE!!!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM
  • 46 Replies

So my house has real hardwood floors and used to be carpet and tiled EVERYWHERE...well the tile in my kitchen and dining room was UGLY so we pulled it up...and my kitchen was covered in teh adhesive shit that paint thinner didnt take up...well i was mopping my floors with pine sol today (bad momma, im supposed to use wood soap only) and dd decided to dump dirty mop water on the floor and as i was mopping it up, i saw brown instead of black....this is what pine sol does to my wood floors....so now im on my hands and knees scrubbing and im SOOO excited for Dh to see it when he comes home tomorrow

Ok here is what i got done after approximately 2 hours...

Im gonna go to town and let it dry (i stand corrected, its the raw wood, not finished) and see how beautiful it looks when i get back...and work some more after i rest lol!

Ok im back from town and have scrubbed another hour....and this is what it looks like now (part of its still wet)

Another two hours of scrubbing, and this is what the finished product looks like...theres some water damage in a wierd place, but who knows with this place...it used to be a barracks

And here is a before pic (ignore the mess lol)

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:51 PM

Yay for kids!

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 PM

YIKES 

pagan 1

I see a future of you sanding and staining and putting a lot of hard work into that floor.  I don't envy you, its gonna be a lot of work.  Maybe talk to someone at Home Depot, there might be a better way to clean it.

VinnysMomma10
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

Keep scrubbin Momma and it will be beautiful!! Sand it and seal it and it will last for years (then stick to wood floor cleaner) lol...... Good luck with the rest of your project!!! 

TTC A 2010 Baby Girl~Click for Love♥Letters

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

I have zero money to spend on it, and nothing to do today...so im gonna spend the day scrubbing my floor...plus all they will tell me at home depot is the paint thinner

Quoting Katenemsmom:

YIKES 

pagan 1

I see a future of you sanding and staining and putting a lot of hard work into that floor.  I don't envy you, its gonna be a lot of work.  Maybe talk to someone at Home Depot, there might be a better way to clean it.

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

That's an awesome discovery! I can't wait to see a b4 and after of the whole floor and are there beautiful wood floors under that linoleum as well? Awesome!

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:01 PM

I know I have friends who hire carpet cleaners, and yes I have to do my own 1400 sq foot carpeted home myself 3 sets of stairs and all! It's work, but last time I hired someone for 320$ I went over it b/c he didn't get any stains up and it wasn't clean!!!

Quoting missamanda86:

I have zero money to spend on it, and nothing to do today...so im gonna spend the day scrubbing my floor...plus all they will tell me at home depot is the paint thinner

Quoting Katenemsmom:

YIKES 

pagan 1

mommyoftwo103
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Yay! I love woodfloors!!

missamanda86
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

It is sealed under all that crap jus tlike th erest of my house, i just never realized it lol!

Quoting VinnysMomma10:

Keep scrubbin Momma and it will be beautiful!! Sand it and seal it and it will last for years (then stick to wood floor cleaner) lol...... Good luck with the rest of your project!!! 

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Did you pull up the tiles thinking paint thinner would reveal beautiful wood floors? lol. I'm always chicken to do anything to my home besides paint  and spackle/chaulk b/c if I were to mess up, I wouldn't have the $ to fix it!

Quoting missamanda86:

Quoting Katenemsmom:

YIKES 

pagan 1

MommyMerry7
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:05 PM

Are you trying to say that Pine Sol takes up adhesive on a wooden floor?   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)