Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's been charged with 13 counts of murder, a possible 14th count for the murder of an unborn child. What about all of the counts of attempted murder?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
  • 31 Replies

-This is in reference to Maj. Hasan, the suspect from the Ft. Hood Massacre.

What about all of the soldiers that he injured??? Please tell me that they just haven't mentioned these yet. Wouldn't those all be considered attempted homicide as well? What do you think?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
themacs4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:57 PM

I'm sure other charges are going to be added..How could they not be?

lyranightshade
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:58 PM

-What- are you guys talking about? Yes, I live under a rock.

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:59 PM

I'm just happy he's gonna be tried by the military.  There are no 30 year waits to death row.  He will be dead within a year.

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:00 PM

Probably because with 13 possibly 14 counts of murder if he is convicted on half of those he won't ever see another day outside a prision cell.

I think they charge them with however they can get the most sentence..so with 13 counts of murder..even if he was convicted on 6 of those; he'll never again be a free man. 

edwardsgirl

Quoting lyranightshade:

Maj. Hasan; the guy who attacked Fort. Hood a week ago today.

UncondtnlLove

Oh sorry, I'm talking about the suspect (Maj. Hasan) from the Ft. Hood Massacre. I got a little emotional while making this post and forgot to add all of the info.

Quoting lyranightshade:

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:02 PM

Quoting Katenemsmom:

I'm just happy he's gonna be tried by the military.  There are no 30 year waits to death row.  He will be dead within a year.

I don't think that is entirely true. There hasn't been a military execution since 1961 and regardless of how tougher being tried by military court may sound; its actually more lenient.

roxy85

You would have to prove that he intended to actually kill those other people. They could say that he specifically targeted the people that he did kill and everyone else was an innocent bystander that got caught in the crossfire. Plus, they have plenty of other charges to stick so it's not like they'd need them to make sure he didn't get off...

Proud Army Wife and Former Soldier...

baby development

themacs4

The last military execution was in 1961.  There are people on military death row.  I'm sure he'll get the death penalty, but die in prison.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

hautemama83
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:03 PM

I know it doesn't sound right but with that many charges he is going to go away for at LEAST life anyway. Maybe they just feel that they dont really have to charge him with anything else for him to rot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)