Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Names (odd ones, wierd...)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
  • 146 Replies

Have you ever heard/seen a name that made you think WTF?!

(this not meant to be offensive)

*Mommy to a handsome little man* *Connor*Aubrey*10-29-08*
        *He came into the world as a preemie*4lbs*11ozs*

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DaniJones86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:41 PM

People see my oldest daughters name and go WTF all the time... Her name is Kiarie... a lot of people screw up the pronounciation BAD. I will let a couple guess before I give the right way of saying it. once they hear how it is pronounced they change their veiw on it

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

Group admin. Young Old School Momma's

I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls, and my angel baby.

afallingstar741
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:43 PM

Pronounced "Carrie"?

Quoting DaniJones86:

People see my oldest daughters name and go WTF all the time... Her name is Kiarie... a lot of people screw up the pronounciation BAD. I will let a couple guess before I give the right way of saying it. once they hear how it is pronounced they change their veiw on it

*Mommy to a handsome little man* *Connor*Aubrey*10-29-08*
        *He came into the world as a preemie*4lbs*11ozs*

SparklingHope
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:45 PM

Is it pronounced Key-air-a or Key-air-e (that's how I was sayin it out loud trying to say it..key--air-ee? with lots of hesitation..lol.)

I knew someone at camp a long time ago a guy with the name 'Yes'. He was like asian or something.

Quoting DaniJones86:

alwaystheresa
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:50 PM

My oldest stepson is 8 and his name is Gavin there is a little girl in his school and her name is Gavin too. I think that is a weird name for a girl.  

DaniJones86
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM

This is the way a lot of people pronounce it... But it is wrong, and the other one is Carrie.... But the way it is pronounced is

KI-Ree... We got the idea from a video game about 6 years ago, and it was spelt like this (Kiarie) and pronounced this way... (KI-Ree) And we loved it. It is a hawaiin name

Quoting SparklingHope:

Is it pronounced Key-air-a or Key-air-e (that's how I was sayin it out loud trying to say it..key--air-ee? with lots of hesitation..lol.)

I knew someone at camp a long time ago a guy with the name 'Yes'. He was like asian or something.

Quoting DaniJones86:

Group Owner Breastfeeding Uncensored

Group admin. Young Old School Momma's

I am a mother to 2 beautiful girls, and my angel baby.

jazzy020106
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Alot of people think my daughters name is weird when they see it spelled.. Elysia.. but its pronounced Elicia... =] i think its beautiful

jazzy020106
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Thats really cute!

Quoting DaniJones86:

This is the way a lot of people pronounce it... But it is wrong, and the other one is Carrie.... But the way it is pronounced is

KI-Ree... We got the idea from a video game about 6 years ago, and it was spelt like this (Kiarie) and pronounced this way... (KI-Ree) And we loved it. It is a hawaiin name

Quoting SparklingHope:

Quoting DaniJones86:

Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

Kingdom heart or something like that?  I liked that game, but could not get very far.  I like the names they had

Quoting DaniJones86:

Quoting SparklingHope:

Quoting DaniJones86:

mom2dane07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I went to school with a girl named Treasure Fell. I knew a girl named Rainy May (because she was born on a rainy day in may). I heard a person talk to a woman named KWI???? yesterday. There is a girl named Alabama Morning star. My niece's name is Bradley and I know a girl named Rhyan. I like boy names for girls but thats my opinion.I also went to school with a girl name Sahalia Stiff.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:59 PM

There is a kid I used to see at the playground whose name is Happy.  Yes Happy.  Last year dd had a classmate named Santino, and this year she has a classmate named Rocco, oh and Nalani and Alezzys(I do not remember how dd pronounces this last one.  Not bad names, just not names I would give my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)