Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Wicca Mommies who can help me??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM
  • 10 Replies

I really want to study the Occult and start practicing Wicca religion.. I use to be a Catholic and never really knew what I was part of until now and I really don't agree with bible.. So I decided to do something different Ive always wanted to try Wicca since I was little and learned what it was but I don't want to do it without knowing what I'm doing.. I don't want to put my family or myself in danger by opening a door that wasn't suppose to be opened.. Is there any where that would have someone who could show me how to do it with out letting anything evil through??

Thanks..

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JakeandEmmasMom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:48 PM

I think if you changed 'occult' to 'wicca' in your title you may get more responses.  I've never run across a pagan who would classify themselves as an occultist.  Not saying they don't exist, but that hasn't been my experience.  Also, there are pagan mommy and wiccan mommy groups here on CM.  Just FYI.  I'm sure they could give you lots of info.

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:55 PM

Oh okay.. I changed it..

Quoting JakeandEmmasMom:

I think if you changed 'occult' to 'wicca' in your title you may get more responses.  I've never run across a pagan who would classify themselves as an occultist.  Not saying they don't exist, but that hasn't been my experience.  Also, there are pagan mommy and wiccan mommy groups here on CM.  Just FYI.  I'm sure they could give you lots of info.

atowers
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:56 PM

joing the WICCAN MOMMIES group on here, they welcome anyone and everyone.  as far as finding a mentor, i can't help you there.  just go to borders or barnes and noble and look some books up in the religion sections, there are LOTS to choose from and it's best that you READ EVERYTHING YOU CAN GET YOUR HANDS ON BEFORE YOU START PRACTICING ANYTHING.  i know in my hometown, there was a little shop that offered classes for those who wanted to start studying Wicca.  a good friend of mine took the classes and her mom was actually one of the teachers.   

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

A true Wiccan studies a year and a day before practicing anything....I recommend buying as many books as you can ..It is a very involved religion and no one size fits all...Every one has different beliefs and practices..I ..myself..am an eclectic solitary witch.... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

spcjones203
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Stay AWAY from Silver Ravenwolf. Her stuff is pointless and silly and she uses spell ingredients for the wrong reasons. She says to use this herb or that color and it's NOT the actual right match for the spell so it leaves it either useless or liable to blow up in your face. 

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM

Oh okay.. lol yeah Im starting from the very beginning so I have no idea how to do anything..

Quoting spcjones203:

Stay AWAY from Silver Ravenwolf. Her stuff is pointless and silly and she uses spell ingredients for the wrong reasons. She says to use this herb or that color and it's NOT the actual right match for the spell so it leaves it either useless or liable to blow up in your face. 

spcjones203
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:33 PM

Alright, here's what I'll do for you. I will get you a list of books to start with. I want you to read through them and give me a chapter by chapter synopsis. Then we'll go toward excersizes. I don't have a student right now, so I'll work with you long distance. I'll have you a list in the morning, as I'm still at work right now and it's turning out to be a long night.

Quoting MiSs.SmOkEy:

Oh okay.. lol yeah Im starting from the very beginning so I have no idea how to do anything..

Quoting spcjones203:

MiSs.SmOkEy
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM

That would  be awsome.. Thanks so much

Quoting spcjones203:

Alright, here's what I'll do for you. I will get you a list of books to start with. I want you to read through them and give me a chapter by chapter synopsis. Then we'll go toward excersizes. I don't have a student right now, so I'll work with you long distance. I'll have you a list in the morning, as I'm still at work right now and it's turning out to be a long night.

Quoting MiSs.SmOkEy:

Quoting spcjones203:

Witch_Denise
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:20 AM

I enrolled in some free classes several years ago to get some formal training at the Touch of Enchantment online school I really did learn a lot and actually it is possible to share with others....they have classes for those just starting out...you can give it a try she does provide a lot of reading and research...

Here is the web address....

http://institute.touchofenchantment.com

psychic test, psychic development and psychic readings

"Women are representive of the Earth itself, we nature, and nuture to ensure that life goes on." Denise '08
hisbabybat
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 12:29 AM

OK well first of all I think it's great that you're branching out to something you've always wanted to learn :)

Second, just studying a religion and getting into it is not "opening the door" for any kind of harm, Wicca is among the most peaceful religions out there.

Here is an amazing website you can join for free and take their basic wicca course free, or 2 others payed. I was skeptical at first but this site is amazing, the course itself was informative and the forums are great for beginners too, I really suggest you look into it if you're serious about learning :)

http://www.magickaschool.com/index.php

as far as reading I would advise you stay away from Ravenwolf and maybe get some works from Scott Cunnigham or Raymond Buckland and of course Valiente, for starters.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)