Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

never going to happen...but what would you do if it did?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM
  • 14 Replies
I asked this like a year ago...but I want to see some new answers and what you ladies would do. Say you have a baby in the hospital...everything goes good you love your baby love being a mother...you go home and live your life with your baby. When the baby turns one you get a call from the hospital saying they made a huge mistake a switched your child with another mom. The mom with your "real" child wants to switch kids and you can decide what wants to be done. So, do you keep the child you have raised for a year or get your birth child back? Me personally would keep the child I already love and just be involved in the others life. Oh and since this is hypothetical, your not allowed to say oh that would never happen because I had a home birth or whatever.

Im a proud 18 year old mommy to my beautiful 2 year old Alaina Marie

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Keila8
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:57 PM

I think I would keep the child I had raised thus far, maybe keep in touch with the other, or just keep things the way they use to be. I dunno- i mean, with all the laws and stuff out there, there's a lot you can do (like sue the hospital) but I'm not sure

meghan925
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM
Bump

Im a proud 18 year old mommy to my beautiful 2 year old Alaina Marie

Katsmommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:00 PM

I would have already raised the child and bonded with them and in my mind that child is MY child, the same would be said for the one biologically mine and the other mother. I wouldn't switch. Both children would be bonded with their families why rip them apart and place them in a new home just because it turns out there was a switch.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM

I would keep the child I already have but would be happy to add the other family to our list of extended family so we could later explain to the kids!

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:03 PM

Quoting Katsmommy:

I would have already raised the child and bonded with them and in my mind that child is MY child, the same would be said for the one biologically mine and the other mother. I wouldn't switch. Both children would be bonded with their families why rip them apart and place them in a new home just because it turns out there was a switch.

I agree.

Photobucket
myserendipity
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM

My first thought when i read this was that I'd want my biological child...no doubt!  Then I started thinking a little bit....my son will be 1 in just a few weeks...there is no way i could ever give him up. 

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

switch but try to keep in touch with the other family, that's a helluva bond to have with someone.  but i would want my own child back and i'd want them to have their own child back as well.

linnet4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:20 PM

GOSH THIS IS TOUGH! I think I would keep the child because after all I'm the only mother he/she knows, plus by this time I had already bonded as well as the rest of the family. Now I would defenitly would like to keep in touch with the mom that has my bio child and see if there is some sort of arragement were we can both still see and spend time with our bio kids.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

chair.r13
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

I would want which ever kid is prettier.

Just kidding! I think the best thing for the child would be for each family to raise it's bio child. It shouldn't be about what would be best for the parents.

linnet4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM

but how do you know if switching would be best for the kids?

Quoting chair.r13:

I would want which ever kid is prettier.

Just kidding! I think the best thing for the child would be for each family to raise it's bio child. It shouldn't be about what would be best for the parents.

Lilypie Baby Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)