Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Best Road Trip Memory

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
  • 2 Replies

Holidays are coming -- how many of you will be going on a long road trip to relatives' houses? My best road trip memory from when I was little was when we drove to Florida with me, my brother and my grandmother crammed in the backseat together. My dad insisted on bringing a huge cooler, which of course he put behind the driver's seat right in front of me so I had no legroom. It was uncomfortable, but something about being so close to Grandma makes it a really good memory.

What's your best road trip memory -- either from when you were little or recently with your own kids? I'd love to use your responses in a post I'm writing in the Daily Buzz!

Thanks,

Cynthia

Daily Buzz Blogger

See what I'm writing about today in Pregnancy, Toddler, Food, Health, Big Kid, Home & Garden and Entertainment

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TarotMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

I just went on a road trip last week. My best friend I went to college with over 20 yrs ago and I always talked about taking a road trip. Our boys that grew up together and are very close as well, laughed and made comments about Thelma and Louise. I flew to Oklahoma and we went to Chicago in her vehicle. The best moment was seeing my son graduating Navy Bootcamp. Very qawsome moment in my life and the road trip was just like we always pictured.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My father in law, my husband, myself and at the time 8 month old daughter leaving Brooklyn, NY at 9:00 p.m. on a whim and driving down to Savannah, Georgia in a small little car. I remember nodding off in the backseat and waking up, probably around 3 or 4 in the morning somewhere in darkness on I-95, to the sound of the tires rumbling (you know the sound when the car is veering on and off road) and my father in law, whom I love, driving (he wasn't a great driver to begin with and probably should not have been behind the wheel in those conditions). I will never forget the entire trip, it was great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)