Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

if your child had h1n1 look here (piog)

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM
  • 15 Replies

How long did it last, how old were they, how bad did it get, how high did their temp go, did they take tamiflu, how was their cough?

My ds woke up with a bad cough today and a fever its been around 101 but spiked to 103.2.  I freak out when he is sick.  I called the doctor they said its probably the flu and to  treat with tylenol, fluids and rest.  He is only 3.

Thank you for any info you share with me I really appreciate it

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiki_pie1979
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:09 PM

my kids havent had it yet , but i know how you feel as a worried mom, so here is a bump for you

I am a Born Again Bible Believing Christian and love the LORD JESUS with all my heart,mind and soul.I believe that JESUS CHRIST died on the cross for all our sins,rose from the dead on day 3 and LIVES Today.I believe that the only way to Heaven is by asking JESUS Into your heart, there is no other way to Heaven. I believe that JESUS is coming again very Soon to take those who have trusted in him on to Glory.

00momma00
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:11 PM

My DS, who's 3 1/2 had the same symptoms and I *think* it was H1N1. He had the fever, up to 103.1, for 36 hours (managed with tylenol, etc...) He had the cough for almost a week. It really wasn't bad and he's fine now.

edwardsgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:12 PM

Don't freak out first off.

Tamiflu doesn't work. its not the cure or its not the answer to the flu. In fact right now doctors are cutting back on prescribing it because there is this fear that a flu can become resistant to it and get stronger.

The best way to fight the flu is to stay in and do everything your doctor told you.  Within a week, if that, he will be back to normal.

SnappyKaliZai

My friends niece has it and she had muscle shakes, vomiting, diarrhea, fever of 104, and a cough.

Her son may have it too and he has all of that except the vomiting (which doesn't ness. have to accompany the symptoms.)

steelersmomof4

My kids and i have had it.  This will be the 3rd week we got over everthing but the cough.  Then my sons brought home another cold... Just gave them fluids and tyenol and took baby to doc.  She said to just continue with what i am doing.

SnappyKaliZai
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM

Also, they just sent Allie (the niece) home with a bed rest type instructions and to drink PLENTY of fluids. That's what is making her the sickest. She's soo dehydrated and her cough is nasty. Like bronchitis or something.

Also, Allie is 11 and the little boy is 5. They have had these symptoms for over a week but Allie is getting better. The boy, Alex is still with a high fever and not eating or drinking.

scooterpooter
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:14 PM

my 2 yr old son was tested for it & diagnosed w/ it. it lasted for a week or so. started out w/ a high fever & bad cough then got all the other flu like symptoms along w/ it. dr gave him tamiflu & it kicked it pretty fast.

bouncing momamanda

ladyvamp5489
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

All 3 of mine had it as did me and DH!!  My 8 yr old had it the worst aside from my DH> He had the fever aches and such for 2 days they gave him meds as he has Asthma too and he was back to school in 5 days doing fine.  My oldest also has Asthma was given meds and was back to school in 5 days and my youngest was not given meds  he was back to school in 3 days. They are all fine now over it. It wasnt too bad for them as we caught it early. the worst was the breathing issues and coughing with the Asthma. but with the nebulizer it helped along with the rx meds. 

rachana
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Highest temp for my 2 year old was 102. He had a dry cough that kept him awake at night and was thirsty all the time. Took him to the docs and they swabbed him. He tested positive for Influenza A.  Thankfully it only lasted a week and he was back to his normal self. He took Motrin btw and drank lots of water.

COMING SOON!

pregnancy calendar

Mom2jngnc
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Oct. 22 we took my almost 7 yr old in (he truned 7 on the 29th) with a 102 + fever, cough.... flu test was +, presumed to be Swine as it's not time for seasonal flu. Beacuse he is asthmatic (at risk) he was put on tamiflu.  Was able to return to school on Oct. 27th. His fever spiked the highest that night (thurs. the 22) at 104. We motrined him, fluids and lots of sleep. By Sat.he was more himself. Still has a slight cough.

THe 24th my 10 yr. old was taken to the peds. by my brother (I was now running a fever)....and he too tested + for the flu (again assumed to be swine). No fever, by that night he was acting like himself. again asthmatic so he was put on tamiflu.

I was down the 24th and 25th, the 26th I felt better but by 9pm I wanted to die again. Have been great since the 27th

Wife to John, Mom to John, Garrett, Christopher and Alexander 

"Your stupidity is my husbands job security."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)