Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

S/O of Smoking/Drinking while pregnant *Poll*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM
  • 14 Replies

Poll

Question: How many of you know that your mom smoked and or drank while she was pregnant with you?

Options:

Smoked ciggs only

Smoked MJ only

Smoked both

Alcohol and smoked

alcohol only

all of the above

harder drugs

none of the above

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 54

View Results

How many of your moms have told you about drinking and/or smoking while they were pregnant? It seems that the last few generations were a lot more "relaxed" about this, but that might just be my family too. I get that all the time from them, my parents make their own wine and are always like "Oh its okay to have a little as long as you dont over due it!".

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM

My mom smoked while pregnant with my and my sisters but that was back when they didn't think anything was wrong with it.

I am an exclusively breastfeeding, non-vax'g, cloth diapering, kissing, hugging, playing, lovable mom.

jazzy020106
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I put other because i really dont know. but i like to think she didnt lol

Schleetle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:18 PM

My mom has never been a drinker, but she is a smoker now. I asked her if she smoked while was she pregnant, and she said she hadn't picked up her smoking habit until later. Oh I mean cigarette smoker also, not pot.

Pregnancy Ticker

myfoursonsks
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My mom smoked pot while pregnant.  Chain smoked it.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:19 PM

My mother did neither!

krise
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

My mom smoked with all us kids, a total of 3. I had Asthma, my younger brother had all sorts of medical problems. The only one that didn't seem to have medical issues is my middle brother who is a loser and a major dug addict. lol. Not that my mom smoking did that, I just talk badly about him. 

vatofamily
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM

Oh yeah, my mom smoked when she was pregnant.  I don't think she drank though.  Both of my parents smoked in the house, in the car, and every where as I was growing up.  I even have a picture of my 2nd Christmas with mom smoking, in the house with both my sister and I in her lap, opening presents.  We were all really happy.

However, she honestly didn't know the complete risk of what she was doing.  Now, we know and we can prevent bad things from happening to our kids.  Why take that risk?  It's a different time with new information--so just because 'Mom did it' doesn't mean it's okay to do it now!

[Neither of us kids have any medical problems due to the fact that my mom or dad smoked.]

allyson2212
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quoting vatofamily:

Oh yeah, my mom smoked when she was pregnant.  I don't think she drank though.  Both of my parents smoked in the house, in the car, and every where as I was growing up.  I even have a picture of my 2nd Christmas with mom smoking, in the house with both my sister and I in her lap, opening presents.  We were all really happy.

However, she honestly didn't know the complete risk of what she was doing.  Now, we know and we can prevent bad things from happening to our kids.  Why take that risk?  It's a different time with new information--so just because 'Mom did it' doesn't mean it's okay to do it now!

[Neither of us kids have any medical problems due to the fact that my mom or dad smoked.]

I wasnt saying that it was okay, I was just wondering because most of my older family didnt think twice when they did.

Luna091306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

My mom drank, smoked cigarettes, and did meth while she was pregnant with me.  

"Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings, who don't have all the answers, to think they do."

~ The Dems and the Reps remind me of my kids ~

One is always pointing out the bad things that the other is doing in hopes that I don't notice all the bullshit he is trying to get away with...

I'm not fooled by my own kids and I'm not fooled by Politicians.

vatofamily
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM

Quoting allyson2212:

Quoting vatofamily:

I wasnt saying that it was okay, I was just wondering because most of my older family didnt think twice when they did.

OH, I figured that you weren't saying it was okay.  I just always hate to admit that my mom did that and was so lax with smoking because a lot of people do just tell me, 'Well, if your mom did it, how can you say that it's wrong or bad?  ...Especially when you don't have any problems?'  I was just covering all bases in case I got one of those responses....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)