Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

which is more irritating?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM
  • 11 Replies

which scenario would be more irritating to you, a) or b):

a) your doctor says there is absolutely nothing he/she can do for your pain and sends you on your way

b) your doctor gives advice for pain management that you already know is useless and shows how little thought he/she is giving to your situation

frustrated

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
grammarpolice
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:22 PM

B

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

where's option c where the doctor actually gives you something for the pain?  i have unexplainable back pain - it just comes for a day at random and i can't move let alone function when it does.  thankfully i had a doctor who believed me and gave me medication for it.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

Both would have me looking for a new doctor. I don't see much of a difference between the two scenarios, in both cases I am not being helped.

insomniacmom266
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:23 PM

ive been in both and id say b

((My whole life i was made to belive i was sick when i wasn't))

WildKat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:24 PM

Either way - time for a new doc.

Peace,

Kat

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:29 PM

that wouldn't be irritating though, so thats why its not an option. 

I go to a military hospital, and every department of the hospital is phenomenal except the family clinic, and this is my first time going there in over a year.  my "doctor" said to just take tylenol for my excruciating muscle pain because i'm breastfeeding, but thats like taking a sugar pill.  auugghhhh!  I have so much more respect for people with epilepsy!

Quoting KT9105:

where's option c where the doctor actually gives you something for the pain?  i have unexplainable back pain - it just comes for a day at random and i can't move let alone function when it does.  thankfully i had a doctor who believed me and gave me medication for it.

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM

A. I am in that situation right now.."only time will help"

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

I got to military hospitals too.  I get real medicine, but if you're breastfeeding then there's not much the doc can do.  Even if he did give you narcotics for the pain can you take them while breastfeeding? 

Quoting lovemymarine306:

I go to a military hospital, and every department of the hospital is phenomenal except the family clinic, and this is my first time going there in over a year.  my "doctor" said to just take tylenol for my excruciating muscle pain because i'm breastfeeding, but thats like taking a sugar pill.  auugghhhh!  I have so much more respect for people with epilepsy!

Quoting KT9105:

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:36 PM

thats very true, i wouldn't either.  but there are more ways to ease muscle pain than drugs.  and i will take any help...i can barely pick up my four month old. 

Quoting KT9105:

I got to military hospitals too.  I get real medicine, but if you're breastfeeding then there's not much the doc can do.  Even if he did give you narcotics for the pain can you take them while breastfeeding? 

Quoting lovemymarine306:

Quoting KT9105:

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:40 PM

is it all over pain?  i'd try the hottest bath you can stand for as long as you can - hot showers can ease the pain too depending on the type of pain.  my pain begins in my lower back and starts off strong but dull if that makes sense.  so i get in the shower, and curl up in a ball so my back is being hit with the hot water from the shower.  if that's too much pain for you (I know showers are horribly painful when I have like flu aches) I have to settle with the hot bath.

Try some epsome salts.  My hubby uses those after road marches.

Quoting lovemymarine306:

thats very true, i wouldn't either.  but there are more ways to ease muscle pain than drugs.  and i will take any help...i can barely pick up my four month old. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)