Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Article about Cafemom killed one year ago

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM
  • 23 Replies

Some of you guys might remember Amanda Jahn, who was a cafemom member killed last year by a drunk driver.  I did not know her but I just saw this and thought some of you might want to read it.

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/articles/2009/11/06/32388619/index.xml

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BrodysMommy251
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:30 PM

I remember this. So sad.  

crazyangel_52
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:32 PM

it's really sad that this had to happen to them.

celticreverie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:35 PM

I am in tears.. I pray the lawyers don't get that woman a reduced sentence.. I remember this but reading this a year later, and about her husband, just breaks my heart more!

marshsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:38 PM

I never knew about this member or her story.  Thank you for sharing this article it was very moving. 

loves_her_baby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:39 PM

oh my gosh....this really makes me appreciate life...and my family..i just cant imagine something like this happening...its so unreal.

lavybunch
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:44 PM

I cant believe its been a year already. Thanks for posting this. I was truly saddened by this story and I hope the dad has found some peace. Enjoy every moment with your kids, even when they are driving you crazy.

Shabaam_CFC
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I hope that the woman who murdered that lovely family, doesnt get released, and ALWAYS remembers what awful thing she did!

Thank You for sharing that story...reading something like that brings tears to my eyes, but it makes me appreciate every moment i have with my family..even the not so great ones.

New Mommy to a lovely son Charles (Charlie)

Wifey to my wonderful Husband Ken

and Soldier and SGT in the Army.

Twinboysmom22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Awww that is so awful!!! I never heard about this but that is devestating!! Makes me want to push no drinking and driving that much harder!!

matheson7
by Susan on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

That is so sad. My heart and my prayers go out to this family.

JenniferOmaha
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I remember reading about this on here last year. It was very sad. To see how her husband is coping a year later with losing his family & the way he speaks of it & sends a positive message is amazing, and I cried reading it. I would love to see him speak in person. He is a strong man.

Thank you for posting this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)