Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

vaginal Infection in a toddler?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just changed Katie (almost 3) and she is really red in her vagina. She says it hurts but is urinating fine and still has an appetite. I'm calling the dr tomorrow to get an appointment, do you think it could be a UTI.

She did have a slight one awhile ago and they gave her antibiotics, could it be that they didn't work? Or could it be something else?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM

It could be..my daughter is 4 and it happens sometimes..Just make sure she wipes really really good.

All4you
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:51 PM

Some people get a yeast infection anytime they take antibiotics. Antibiotics wipe out both good and bad bacteria so she could easily have a yeast infection. When I was little I couldn't take bubble bathes or I would get one. My bff gets a yeast infection EVERY time she takes any antibiotics.

jenn75
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Might be yeast.

Jennifer          

gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

how do they test for that, can I do it at home?

All4you
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Not if it is her first one. she needs to be seen by the doctor. Childrens treatment for Yeast infections is different than adults.

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

how do they test for that, can I do it at home?

babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM

could be a yeast infection vaginal thrush ...i used to get it alot even as a tot

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:11 AM

it could be a yeast infection--Lotrimin AF is what my pediatrician recommended.

ZoasMama
by on Nov. 13, 2009 at 5:18 AM

UTI's are mostly on the inside, so I dont think it would be that. My DD is 3 and that happens to her sometimes. I toss her in the bath dry her really good and put some bag balm on her girlie and in a few hours it is gone.

I think it is from her not wiping really good or even sometimes she pees just a little in her panties before she can make it to the toilet and wont always tell me or change them.

Never hurts to call the MD though. Sometimes it is nice to have that peace of mind...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)