Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spaghetti sauce

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
  • 15 Replies

Anyone know how to make spaghetti sauce out of tomato sauce? Like give me your best ingredients

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jess2234
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:50 PM

bump!!! Sorry can't help!!!! check all recipes. com

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

hmmm..i don't have a recipe handy, but i'm pretty sure you need garlic, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, meat (?), diced onion, oregano, basil, salt, fennel seed (?) and more

beans13
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:53 PM

In a skillet, brown the ground beef and drain, when almost cooked add 2 heaping tablespoons of pesto (from a jar) and let simmer for a few minutes.

In a large pot sweat a diced onion, red and green pepper together,

add the beef and mix.

add tomato sauce and 1/2 can of tomato paste, 1 heaping table spoon of diced garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, stir together and simmer......

This is the best spaghetti sauce I have made yet.

mommywife06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Ok IM stuck making chili thanks yall. I dont have tomato paste 

sharebearII
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:55 PM

Basil, a little Oregano...   Not sure what you mean.  lol!

My best spaghetti sauce has mild italian sausage, hamburger, fresh mushrooms, black olives and diced tomatoes...  The best secret ingredient?  a tiny (and I mean tiny!) pinch of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.  Yum!

It will yet be the proud boast of women that they never contributed a line to the Bible.

- George W. Foote
StarsChildren
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM

My husbands recipe (he's an Italian). 1 large can diced or chopped tomato's in sauce, 2 small cans tomato paste, one medium can tomato sauce. 1/2 a large onion diced, 3 cloves garlic diced, fresh basil (about four leaves) chopped up, tablespoon sea salt, 2 turkey sausages that you break up in the pan, a pinch of dried red peppers, 1 fresh green pepper diced, 1 fresh red pepper diced. Put the garlic, basil, sausage, red peppers, green & red pepper, and onions into a skillet, cover with olive oil and a teaspoon of sugar (to bring out the flavors) over medium heat, saute until the veggies are tender. While that's cooking, put the cans of stuff into a crock-pot. Add in veggies to crock-pot, stir, and cook on high 1 hour, and one low 1 hour or until ready to eat.

You can also add in your favorite veggies (muschrooms, and other peppers). He always says, if it smells good, it will more then likely taste good.

mommywife06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:58 PM

I have tomato sauce and just wanted to know how to turn it into spaghetti sauce but I dont have any paste or anything

Quoting sharebearII:

Basil, a little Oregano...   Not sure what you mean.  lol!

My best spaghetti sauce has mild italian sausage, hamburger, fresh mushrooms, black olives and diced tomatoes...  The best secret ingredient?  a tiny (and I mean tiny!) pinch of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.  Yum!

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

just tomato sauce? do you have any canned tomatoes or fresh ones?

if you have canned tomatoes, then i would put olive oil in a pan and heat it. then sautee onions and garlic until translucent. then add hamburger meat and brown it. drain. add tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, one bay leaf, oregano, basil, parsley, tsp salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped green pepper, and simmer for an hour on low.

faerie75
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:03 PM

mmm that sounds good except the sugar! i dont like sugar in my sauce. i like it tarty lol

Quoting StarsChildren:

My husbands recipe (he's an Italian). 1 large can diced or chopped tomato's in sauce, 2 small cans tomato paste, one medium can tomato sauce. 1/2 a large onion diced, 3 cloves garlic diced, fresh basil (about four leaves) chopped up, tablespoon sea salt, 2 turkey sausages that you break up in the pan, a pinch of dried red peppers, 1 fresh green pepper diced, 1 fresh red pepper diced. Put the garlic, basil, sausage, red peppers, green & red pepper, and onions into a skillet, cover with olive oil and a teaspoon of sugar (to bring out the flavors) over medium heat, saute until the veggies are tender. While that's cooking, put the cans of stuff into a crock-pot. Add in veggies to crock-pot, stir, and cook on high 1 hour, and one low 1 hour or until ready to eat.

You can also add in your favorite veggies (muschrooms, and other peppers). He always says, if it smells good, it will more then likely taste good.

mommywife06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:04 PM

NO I DONT HAVE ANYTHING *sobs* Tomorrow is grocery shopping day lol. I really wanted spaghetti too! I will try this recipe it sounds really good

Quoting faerie75:

just tomato sauce? do you have any canned tomatoes or fresh ones?

if you have canned tomatoes, then i would put olive oil in a pan and heat it. then sautee onions and garlic until translucent. then add hamburger meat and brown it. drain. add tomato sauce and canned tomatoes, one bay leaf, oregano, basil, parsley, tsp salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped green pepper, and simmer for an hour on low.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)