Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

16 yr old moves out with parents permisson

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM
  • 23 Replies

Poll

Question: Are they bad parents

Options:

yes

no

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 38

View Results

If you  know someone that let there 16yr old move out would you think they were bad parents. BUT here is y

1. He yells and screams at his siblings some times call the girls bitches and walks around saying this is a F*@# house.  just cusses all the time

2.  Get out of school suspension (?sp)

3. Yells and screams at him mom daily and fights with her.

4. Dad popped him in the mounth for telling him to F off and cops and dsf came and told the parents if they hit him agian he can have them arrested.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strawgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

they did not kick him out he can move back in anytime he just has to follow the rules

gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:57 PM

honestly yes, kicking him out (of he moves out whatever) won't help him out.

MNLETLE
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Umm, the reason that they are bad parents isn't exactly for letting him move out, but for tolerating that kind of behavior in the first place. I'd send my kids off to boot camp if that is what it took to get them to respect me. I wouldn't tolerate that kind of behavior for any reason.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

issaiahsmommy

If they let him and he had a place to go and wanted to then i wouldn't consider them bad parents  it would be diffrent if they kicked him out and he had no where to go in my eyes 

strawgirl

So what would you have done.  Is it right the other kids have to live in a home where there is mental abuse from him

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

anetrnlov

Yes, they are.

He obviously has issues that need to be addressed...kicking him out is not the way to address them.

wedding website

strawgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:00 PM

He does have a place to live he is not on the street

Quoting issaiahsmommy:

If they let him and he had a place to go and wanted to then i wouldn't consider them bad parents  it would be diffrent if they kicked him out and he had no where to go in my eyes 

strawgirl
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:01 PM

so what would you have done.  He is in counsling and on meds but will not take them

Quoting anetrnlov:

Yes, they are.

He obviously has issues that need to be addressed...kicking him out is not the way to address them.

gulfcoastmom4
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

I would find out whats causing the issues and deal with it whether it be counseling, boot camp whatever. There are many programs out there for troubled teens.

Quoting strawgirl:

So what would you have done.  Is it right the other kids have to live in a home where there is mental abuse from him

Quoting gulfcoastmom4:

possummom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:02 PM

let him move out. let him see how hard it is as an adult. he can only move back in IF he can follow the house rules and has to sign a contract agreeing to all the rules. one slip up and he is out for good. sometimes you need a little tough love.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)