Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG he scared the Hell out of me...

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Today I went to the school at the same time as usual to pick up my 5 yr. old. I saw the little girl that he usually hold hands with to the library (that is where we pick up our kids) She said she held his hand but she didn't know where he went. I am like omg where is he. I am looking all over the school and couldn't find him. I heard his teacher talking in a loud voice (my son has hearing loss and speech delay) You have to be patient and wait in the library until mom comes and gets u. I found out that one of the parents found him wandering in the car pick up place looking for me. I just can't believe that, No one noticed my son leaving the library. I was so mad, the reason the kids go to the library is for security reasons. Bunch of bull, my kid could had been hit or kidnapped. I was told by the principle i was over reacting.

Do you ladies think I was overreacting?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sillyone
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:21 PM

Noone?

bump

flipper_28
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:33 PM

no i don't believe you were over reacting.....its there job to keep your kids safe and they let him out....i may have come out swinning...lol. glad you found him tho.

some people are like slinky's ---- not really good for anything....but make you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.

sillyone
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:40 PM

Quoting flipper_28:

no i don't believe you were over reacting.....its there job to keep your kids safe and they let him out....i may have come out swinning...lol. glad you found him tho.

Thats it they need to keep my son safe and they didn't. I didn't cuss or raised my voice just told them what they where 'irresponsible".

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:42 PM

No way you were overreacting!  Anything could have happened while he was in the parking lot alone.

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I'd be freakin'. First off he wasn't where he was supposed to be. Second he's 5, third he is those issues you mentioned. WTH? I'd flip!

Tips, ideas, shopping, health, moms, Gluten-free, quick recipes, frugal living, reviews, weight loss efforts, funny stuff and more! bablondie.blogspot.com

cmhart
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hell no you were not overreacting.  My cousin pulled her son out of a preschool because another kid wandered away and almost into the street. I would have reacted the same way. 

momof2jmms
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Hell no you're not over reacting, Somebody needs to answer for this. Find out who is responsible for the kids while they are in the library.  Then go to them and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Punky_1981
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Oh hell no! You weren't over reacting. Your son  is 5 years old, and never should have been able to get out of that library alone. What the hell were they doing that they weren't watching him?! Anything could have happened. I would have screamed at that chick to the point that she would have either cried or called the cops. Maybe the police being there would have been a good thing, because she doesn't seem to think anything was wrong. She is stupid. Glad he was okay. I hate stupid people that don't pay attention to kids. That's their job, and she wasn't doing it.

sillyone
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Quoting Punky_1981:

Oh hell no! You weren't over reacting. Your son  is 5 years old, and never should have been able to get out of that library alone. What the hell were they doing that they weren't watching him?! Anything could have happened. I would have screamed at that chick to the point that she would have either cried or called the cops. Maybe the police being there would have been a good thing, because she doesn't seem to think anything was wrong. She is stupid. Glad he was okay. I hate stupid people that don't pay attention to kids. That's their job, and she wasn't doing it.

The lady that supose to watching was at the desk. She said well he wasn't sign out so noone got him. I am yelled well if someone kidnapped him they are not going to signout. If they did would u even know who it was signing out. She is like well umm u better see if u can find him. Like no flippen deal.

Yes if i didn't find him in about 5 min I would had called the police. I was piss.

sillyone
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:20 PM

Quoting momof2jmms:

Hell no you're not over reacting, Somebody needs to answer for this. Find out who is responsible for the kids while they are in the library.  Then go to them and make sure it doesn't happen again.

The librarian who was sitting at the desk and not caring who was taking the kids out.

I told here she wasn't do her job, and she went off on me. Then I went to the principle and told her they better change things. Ugh I was so piss.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)