Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my blood sugar is 192 right now ****update****

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM
  • 15 Replies

first of all i am not diabetic, but i have been told i am borderline diabetic by my dr.. I did have gestational diabetes when preg. with ds (thats the reason i have a glucose monitor).

anyway....i was standing in the kitchen talking to my MIL and all of the sudden i felt dizzy. i was drinking some water and after i took this last drink i felt really light headed. MIL left and i decided i would check my glucose levels and not to my surprise, the magic number was 192. I am still dizzy and i feel really sleepy and tired.

i ate dinner at 4:00 today which was homemade pizza with pepperoni. should it still yet be elevated? does anybody know what i can do to make it go back down? i have drank some water. i feel awful right now! UGH!

Update

i tried calling my physician and there is no answer. so i am waiting on a call back. wait wait wait.....probably wont call back tonite at all. :(

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:24 PM

You need to see a doctor.

AngelicaRenee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:26 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

blondieblue2

If you ate at 4 then it's normal to be up. The concern is if it's above 110 after you havent eaten for 8 - 12 hours. Have they checked your A1C? That is a better indicator of diabetes.

MomX04

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

This and now not later, it sounds like you are having serious insulin issues and you need to get them taken care of now.

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:27 PM

you really need to watch your carbohydrate intake...those break down into sugar in your blood.

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

mommy2_2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quoting MomX04:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

This and now not later, it sounds like you are having serious insulin issues and you need to get them taken care of now.

th78
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:32 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

i literally  just seen the dr. on monday and got my results back on tuesday. he told me i am not diabetic but am borderline. this doesnt happen often, but when it does boy does it bring me down!  anyway....thanks for the advice from everyone.

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:34 PM

You need to go again.  My OBs office kept messing up on my glucose screening so they put me on the finger prick test like 5 times a day to monitor my blood sugar.  Only then did they discover that my blood sugar gets low in the mornings and I needed to be very careful to get a breakfast full of protien to correct it!

Quoting th78:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

i literally  just seen the dr. on monday and got my results back on tuesday. he told me i am not diabetic but am borderline. this doesnt happen often, but when it does boy does it bring me down!  anyway....thanks for the advice from everyone.

tam84
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM

I have diabetes and I can tell you 192 is not borderline. It is the real deal. You may want to be retested and I dont know why someone told u to only be concerned if its still that high 8-12 hours without eating anything. 8-12 hours is called a fasting blood sugar. The time to test your after meal levels is 2 hours after a meal and it should be between 95-120. 120 really isnt even fantastic but my doc lets me get away with it. As for getting it to go down movement works wonders! If you dont like to go out and walk you can just do stuff around the house. When mine is up I pick up,do laundry,mop and just try to stay moving for atleast 30 min then test it again and its usually down. Im not trying to sound like a know it all so if u want to u can go to the diabetes group and talk to other women living with this who will tell you the same thing. Good luck.

th78
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:08 PM

will that help if i eat more protein? i guess i really dont get much protein in my diet. idk...i do not eat much meat either so i know i am anemic too.

yeah i had to prick myself 5-6 times a day when i was prego in 07-08 and took insulin 4 times a day.

i just took it again and it has went up to 205. this is nuts. i am gonna call my family dr at home and see what she says. thanks for your advice.

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

You need to go again.  My OBs office kept messing up on my glucose screening so they put me on the finger prick test like 5 times a day to monitor my blood sugar.  Only then did they discover that my blood sugar gets low in the mornings and I needed to be very careful to get a breakfast full of protien to correct it!

Quoting th78:

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)